Chapter 31

Mia's pov

"I'm only here to take off the wrap," Tami says, opening Archer's cell. I watch as Archer stands up, facing Tami. She lifts up his shirt, pulling out a scissors and cutting the wrap off. I look at Archers rib, seeing a faint bruise still there. Whatever happened, it must've been bad, if they had to wrap it.

Archer lets out a breath of irritation. Tami ignores it, putting his shirt back down and leaving immediately. Archer sits back down against the wall, tucking his knees to his chest.

"There's some dry blood on your lip," I say, but all he does is gaze forward and shrug.

He's mad.

"Archer, you don't understand. I had to.."

"No, you didn't," he says, no emotion in his tone. I sigh, frustrated. But all he does is stare forward.

"Oh okay, so now you're going to just ignore me..."

"I'm not ignoring you," he says.

"Well, you aren't looking at me!" I almost shout, and then I find myself staring into those ice blue eyes, which never cease to amaze me.

"There! I'm looking at you. What else do you want me to do? Tell you that we're fine?" His features change in a second. His eyes darker, his jaw clenched, his face a little red. "Cause we're fucking not alright."

"I know that.."

"So why did you come then, huh? Especially when I told you not to? You know, I really thought you were going to be okay. I was almost proud, that I could do something useful. I thought you were going to make it out alive, Mia."

"Yeah?" I spit out. "And what about you?"

"It doesn't matter."

I chuckle a little, though I'm so angry. "Oh, it doesn't matter? You think I'm fine with just living without you? To leave you here to get tortured? I care about you too, Archer. So don't get mad at me because I actually care about you're life." I say, adrenaline pumping through me like the blood in my veins.

Archer lets out a breath of frustration. He stands up, pacing around the cell, his head up.

"So you're mad because I care about you?!" I shout again, and Archer randomly yells, so loud it shocks me. I stare as he paces, his head raised high.

And tears falling from his eyes.

He takes a large sniff, not daring to look at me.

Did he just break?

"Fuck," he breathes out. He collapses in the far corner from me, his face against the bars. Tears stream down those glassy blue eyes.

"I just wanted you to survive so badly. I wanted you to make it. Because it's all my fault, you know? You would still be back at you're dome if it wasn't for me. You barely even knew what the Alliance was when you left. And I just...I owe you so much." He's looking at me now, all the hope he had vanishing right in front of me.

"Leaving the dome and meeting you was the best thing that's ever happened to me," I say. "And I'm not just saying that, I mean it."

"And now you're going to die," Archer says flatly.

"There's got to be another way," I say, and Archer glances at something in the corner. A camera. I quick nod and stay silent, not wanting to tell Archer and Tom about the attack.

Archer comes back over to the other side by me. He wipes the blood off his lip.

"What happened to your rib?" I ask, curious.

"It just cracked."

"Oh, while you were just sitting here?" I ask, smiling.

"Abby paid me a visit," he says, and my eyes grow wide. Abby.

"What else happened?" I ask.

Archer shrugs. "I don't know, not much...." He glances at my annoyed face. "Okay, okay. Ah, they put me in this cell. Then some sort of tube. But it was like a mirror. I don't know, I don't feel like talking about it." Archer sighs, then looks at me. "How bout at the Alliance? Anything I missed?"

"Well, Adam and Dana miss you," I say, and he nods. "Oh, and Lydia." He rolls his eyes, then laughing a little.

We are in the governments hands, about to be killed. And we're laughing.

But it stops in seconds when I see a familiar shadow in front of me. Archer stands up immediately, and I can sense the anger in him.

It's Evelyn.

"I got over here as fast as I could when I heard you two were here," Evelyn smiles. I feel sick. I actually didn't mind Evelyn at first. She was my dome mayor, and she was nice.

But that was all fake.

"And tomorrow I get to do the honors," she says. The honors. We are being killed tomorrow.

"You wanted to do the honors weeks ago," Archer says. "You tried. Twice, actually." He points out, and Evelyn glares at him.

"A person like you doesn't deserve to see another day," she hisses.

"Well I'm seeing tomorrow, aren't I?" He says, and I've never seen Evelyn this angry. She looks like she's about to go in his cell and kill him now. But Archer is calm, happy almost, that he's making her this angry. Hell, I am too.

"At least one out of the three turned out decent," she hisses, and I realize she's talking about Tami.

"Tami's a bitch, just like you." I say, getting some of Archer's anger in me.

"Yeah, and two out of the three didn't turn their backs on each other," Archer hisses right back. Evelyn reaches for his cell, but stops, taking a deep breath.

"Tomorrow." Is all she says, and she storms upstairs.

Evelyn's the one with the power, but it feels as though we still overpower her, even though we are powerless.

"I think she's scared of us," I say, and Archer looks at me and smiles.

"Hell yeah she is."

And at that moment I realize something.

People are afraid of Archer and I. Archer and I are dangerous.

Hello!!!!

So I got back from my cabin a day early, so here's a chapter!!!!

Please keep commenting and voting, you all are the best!!!

Thank you😊💕