Chapter 23

The governments sirens don't even go off until we break into the fence and run to the back. The back is nice, with a huge garden and sunflowers. I jump into the flowers, better to hide in here then be out in the open. And good thing I did, because people run out of the government, shooting immediately. I put my face into the ground, the bullets so close I can hear them fly by.

I raise myself up and shoot a dozen times, getting two people. I go back down, reloading my gun. I look up, and see someone coming closer to me, though they don't know I'm there. My hands shake, preventing me from reloading faster. I look back up and see them aiming their gun at me. I freeze.

"Oh, I got you now." The male says. He knows. He knows I'm wanted.

But then he falls on me, and I feel his blood on my coat. There's a bullet in his heart. I quick look around, and spot Archer. He nods at me, and I mouth him a quick thank you.

I crawl away from his body, and hide behind the tallest sunflowers. This whole place looks so elegant, and yet, we're fighting here. It seems strange, killing people at such a beautiful spot.

But I scream when I feel someone ram right into me, and a hand goes over my mouth. I panic, grasping the hand. I turn my eyes, trying to see who it is.

It's Tami.

"Holy...don't do that!" I whisper.

"I need your gun. I ran out of bullets," she says, grabbing my gun. She kneels up and shoots someone down.

"Where's your group?" I ask.

"In the front."

"Then why are you here?"

Tami ignores me and shoots again, missing this time.

"Tami, why are you in the back?" I ask, more harshly this time. She stops and looks at me. "You trust me, right?"

What kind of question is that, especially at a time like this? But I quick nod, and she grabs my arm. "Where's Archer?" She asks.

"Okay, time to retreat." Dave says through the walkie-talkie, but Tami ignores it, searching through the flowers. I spot Archer, and Tami runs, pushing him down. I run over to them.

"What the hell, Tami!" Archer shouts.

"Stay down," she whispers.

"Tami, we are retreating. We have to go," I explain, but she doesn't move. Archer tries to get up, but Tami grabs him. "Let go!"

"Shh, just wait. We can catch them off guard," she says, but Archer frees from her grasp. I can't even process what's happening when Tami raises a gun at him, holding another in her other hand. Archer looks in his coat, realizing his gun is gone.

"Tami, what are you.."

"Don't move or I'll shoot." Tami cuts Archer off.

What?

"Tami?" I say, but she aims the other gun at me. "You two."

I hear the car doors opening and shutting from the vans. I sit there, confused on what's happening.

"You gotta be kidding me," Archer says. "Not you."

"Mia, stand up slowly. Your both going to come with me."

She's turning us in.

I look at Archer, who is trying to tell me something. It's the look in his eyes. They are a shade of darker blue. He tells me to fight, I realize.

And I do.

I swing my legs around, tripping Tami. "Run!" Archer screams, and I do. I run right past him. But I stop quick and turn around, seeing Tami getting up and holding a gun to Archers head.

"Run!" He still shouts, but I can't get my legs to. I stare at him helplessly, not knowing what to do. Whats even happening? Why is Tami doing this?

"Mia! Run, now! Go!" Archer is full on screaming now, and I turn around and reach the front of the fence. I see one van still there. A male comes out of it, heading towards me.

No. I can't leave. What about Archer?

"Come on!" The male yells, but I ignore him, still staring at Archer.

"Tami!" I scream. She looks at me, with no emotion on her face. Why the hell is she doing this? I look back at Archer, who isn't fighting. He can't, Tami has a gun to his head. No. This isn't happening.

The male grabs my torso, pulling me towards the van.

"No!" I scream, kicking my legs. "Archer!" I can barely see him anymore. "Let me go!" Hot tears fall from my eyes, but the male brings me all the way over to the van. Other arms grab me, pulling me into the van. "No, wait! Archer!" I sob. The door closes, but I look out the back window, punching it. "Wait! You have to wait!" My vision is blurry, but I realize we are starting to move. "No! Archer! You have to wait!"

"Someone calm her down!" I hear someone say, and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and punch whoever was touching me. I don't even know who it was. I turn back around, hitting the window with my hands. "Turn around, please!"

"We have sedative in here?"

Archer. Archer is still at the government. No, it's not real.

I feel a pinch on the back of my neck, and I cry out, still staring at the window. I feel hands pushing me into a seat. I sit down, tired but filled with adrenaline. I sob nonstop, trying to sit back up. But I'm too weak and tired too. I hear the people in the van, though.

"The government said they wanted them both."

"Yeah, and now they got one. If anything, that's worse, don't you think?"

"For the boy."

I sob again, I have to be dreaming. But I'm still awake, about to fall asleep.

So, what just happened was all real.

And I also realize I broke something. My promise. I broke my promise. My promise that I wanted to keep so bad. My promise I dedicated myself to. It's gone.

Never leave Archer behind. That was my promise.

I just left Archer behind.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!👋

WHOA, THIS CHAPTER WAS CRAY CRAY

Well, I just wanted to let you know that NEXT CHAPTER will be in ARCHERS POV!! (Because, you know, they are separated now😪)

BUT OVERALL, WHAT DID YOU THINK? Did you know Tami was going to do that? What are your thoughts? PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!❤️

THANK U👍