Chapter 14

"Finally." I say as we finally get closer to the Alliance building.

"Dana and Adam are gonna be pissed," Archer says. I nod in agreement. We told them the mission wasn't a big deal.

Man, they think we're dead.

"I'm pretty sure everyone will be surprised."

"Yeah."

As we get closer, people run out of the Alliance, and Archer and I raise our hands up. As we walk closer, I realize it's Dave and a few others.

"What in the...Mia? Archer?" I hear him say, and then we put our hands back down. He then immediately hugs the both of us.

"How in the hell..I thought you...what?" He spits out, wide eyed.

"Long story," Archer says.

"Well, I got time. Come on." We head back in, to the dining room we ate at the first night. Tessa sees us, and has the same reaction as Dave. We have a little brunch while Archer and I explained what happened in detail.

"The President of the government saw you two?" Dave asks.

"I'm not sure who it was, we were blindfolded. But I would assume it was," I say.

"And your sister..."

"Saved our lives, yes." Archer says, looking at me. "And Scott saved hers."

We find out that the man who took a bullet for me was named Scott. A twenty seven year old guy who dedicated his life to the Alliance. And to me.

He didn't know anything about me, and he died for me.

The thought hits me hard, and once we're done chatting, I run out the room. I feel like throwing up.

Just a regular guy. A guy who had his whole life ahead of him. And he died for me.

I wipe a tear off my face, but then I see Tami sitting with a group of friends, happy as ever.

It's her birthday.

I didn't think of it, how could I? I was too busy trying to save my life. But she sees me and gets up. Her smile goes away immediately. Anger rushes though me, fire runs through my veins.

Did she not know what happened to me?

"Mia, are you..."

"Happy freakin' birthday." I spit out, more tears falling down my face. She has no idea. No idea a guy died for me. No idea I almost died. No idea why I'm crying. Tami grasps my arm, but I violently shake it off, cursing under my breath. I walk away, ignoring her pleads.

As I walk away, looking down, a pair of arms wrap around me. Dana's. I sigh of relief, hugging her back. I see Adam smile, then he pushes Dana off and hugs me.

"Glad your back, Mi," he says. I smile back at him, my tears somehow disappearing.

"I'm sorry we..."

"No." Dana cuts me off. "Forget about it."

"Hey, there's Archer."

I look to my right and see Archer sitting at a table with two other guys, maybe in their twenties. He sits there listening as one of them talks.

"Do you need to go to the doctor?" Dana asks.

I probably should go get a check up.

"No, I'm fine."

"Well, it's over there if you need it," Adam points to a small wooden building.

"I wanna do something," I say. I want to do something so I can forget everything for just a moment.

"I have an idea," Dana says, and Adam and I follow her. She walks to some tables and grabs people, telling them to come along. She then ends up at a volleyball court.

"Really?" Adam says, and I laugh.

"Just play, you doff," Dana smiles. We arrange teams and start to play. I've played volleyball before, but not enough times to at least be decent. Luckily, nobody else is either. But I did meet a few new people. Lydia, a tall and lanky girl with no flaws. Literally none. Her blonde hair falls perfectly, her hazel eyes shining. She smiles at me.

"Your the new girl, right? You came with that guy?" She asks.

"Archer, yeah," I say.

"He's hot," Lydia smiles, her white teething big and bright. I laugh, I never really got the time to notice Archer's looks, we were too busy running for our lives the past few days.

We all eat some snacks after, considering it our dinner. We sit for what it seems like hours, and I'm tired as hell. I try to hide it, but it must be obvious.

"You should go get some sleep," Dana suggests. I decide I probably should, so I go back in my room. Finally, the first night of sleeping in this bed. In any bed, at least for a while. I quick shower and lay down, facing the ceiling.

Go to sleep. I close my eyes, but they somehow open again. I turn to my side, trying again. Nope. I then sit up.

"What the heck," I whisper. I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. Whenever that usually happened, I took medicine to help. I wonder if the doctors have it...

***

"Not feeling too dizzy, though?" I hear a doctors voice.

"Nope." A familiar voice says.

Archer.

I walk in the door, catching both of their attention.

"May I help you?" The doctor asks, a middle aged man dressed in all white.

"I just need something to help me sleep," I say. I look at Archer. "You okay?"

"Just a minor concussion. I can still do everything, though."

"Not everything," the doctor says, and Archers smiles. "Almost everything. Don't worry doc, I'll take it easy." Archer says.

"Why do I have a hard time believing that?" The doctor smiles, searching through a drawer.

"Cause it's not true," I say, smiling at Archer. He shrugs and jumps off the doctors bed. He looks at me intensely, his bright blue eyes glowing. "Can't sleep?"

"I'll be able to now. Just can't keep my eyes shut."

He looks at me worriedly now. He thinks I can't sleep because of all that's happened. Is it true? I don't know. I really don't know.

"If you need anything, just knock. I'll be awake," he says.

He'll be awake. The whole night?

"Hey Doc, can you please get Archer some too?" I ask.

"Of course."

Archer looks at me, a little smirk on his face. "Thanks mom." He jokes, and I laugh and push his shoulder. And at that moment, I realize another thing about Archer.

He finds the good out of the bad.

And that's just what I need. A little good in the bad times.

HEYYYY YALL!!!!!👋

SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO POST A CHAPTER, AND SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA BORINGGGG. It'll get better next chapter! (More action, yass👌) ALSO, PLEASEEE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! Every little comment and vote means lot to me😊 THANK U!!💕