Chapter 16

I sit in Tami's room, staring at the tv screen when she turns it on. We sit in silence, not knowing what to say to each other. But the TV turns on and I stare at Sarah, the mayor of dome one, through the screen.

"They are younger, maybe sixteen or seventeen. Boy and girl. We captured them when the Alliance attacked us. The boy, he's about five foot ten. Thick dark hair, blue eyes. The girl is around five foot seven, light brown hair and hazel eyes. They escaped right before their execution." Sarah explains, starting right at the camera, right at me. I suddenly feel hotter, my face burns.

Then I don't see Sarah on the screen anymore, I see a middle aged man sitting on a chair. And when he speaks, I recognize his voice. It's the man who was speaking when we were blindfolded.

It's the president.

"These kids have no right to get away with something serious like this. They must be found, and they must proceed to the execution. We need to find them both. That's why I'm rewarding $10,000 to anyone who will turn them in together alive. If the Alliance wants a war, we'll give them one. But, they must know we will give no mercy. That's why these kids can't get away with this. According to their old dome mayors, their names are Mia and Archer." The screen then goes black.

I sit there, feeling Tami's stare, and my eyes watering. The government wants me. The president wants me.

They want Archer and I to die.

"We should probably tell Dave," Tami suggests, but I stand up and head for the door.

"Archer." Is all I say, and I slam her door shut. All I have to do is cross the hall to knock on Archers door. I knock so hard my knuckles hurt. But he opens the door, with only a white towel around his waist. His hair is wet, making it look black almost.

I barge into his room, heading for the TV. I pick up the remote, but my hands are trembling so bad I can't press a button. I get irritated, my face growing red.

"Mia?" I feel Archer's hands over mine, trying to calm them down. But my breath is shaky and I'm dizzy, I sit down on the couch.

"You want this on?" He asks, and I nod. He grabs the remote and turns it on. I see Sarah on the screen and take a noticeable breath. Archer glances at me, and turns it up and sits down next to me, his body on the edge of the seat. I stare at Archer's reaction while Sarah talks about us. Then the president comes on, and I see goosebumps appear on Archers back as he says we are worth a price. Then the screen goes black.

Archer stands up. "I'm going to change, and then we are going to see Dave, alright?"

I nod, but my throat feels tight. And when Archer leaves, tears escape my eyes.

Stay calm, Mia. It'll be fine.

The president wants us dead. We are worth $10,000. Yeah, it'll be fine.

Archer comes out in a grey shirt and black sweatpants. I stand up and follow him out the door.

"How'd you see this?"

"Tami showed me."

"She must still care about you. She probably misses you," Archer says. All I do is shrug. No matter how much Tami misses me, it will never be the same.

I knock on Dave and Tessa's door, and Tessa opens it, a sad look appearing on her face when she sees us. Then she comes in and hugs the both of us. I'm to stunned to hug back. Why is she...

"You saw it," Archer interrupts my thoughts, answering them. She lets us go and nods. We walk inside and see Dave sitting at the couch, the TV off. He stands up when he sees us, his eyes on us worriedly.

"What do we do?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"For once, I don't have a correct answer for that. But there are things we can do to try to stop it. Like not having you to be in on the attack.."

"No." Archer says loudly. "There's no way your forcing me to keep my ass here and.."

"Archer, they want you and Mia dead. It's too dangerous." Dave tries to continue, but I can almost feel Archers anger as he stands next to me.

"The damn attack is going to kill people anyways! I said I would die for this cause, not stay here and don't do shit about it!" Archer is yelling now, his fist clenched.

"Archer, just calm down for a minute," Tessa says, her hand on his shoulder. I hear him take a deep breath out.

"Besides, they said they wanted both of us. If they just have me.."

"I wanna fight too." I spit out. "Just let us keep training. We both know the danger we'd be in, we know."

"But if they get you both, it won't be good, trust me." Dave explains.

"We just have to know we died for something important," Archer says under his breath.

Dave sighs. "Okay. You two can keep training. Let's just focus on that. Just, pretend nothing happened, all right?" We both nod, then walk out the door.

"$10,000. That's how much we're worth." I say, my voice shaky.

"Dave said to try not to think about it," Archer says.

"I know, I know. But, the president wants us. The president." I take a deep breath, my eyes suddenly blurry for a second.

"Mia, forget it, come on. Relax." Archer says. I stop, making Archer stop and look back at me.

"Relax? You want me to relax? People want us dead. The president wants us dead! All we did was try to save our own lives, and dying is what we get?! I just don't..." It's almost like I can't breath. "I don't get it. Why do they want.." My legs are light, my vision so dizzy it hurts. "People want us dead." I whisper, and then my legs can't hold me any longer.

"Mia!" I hear Archer right before I hit the ground. And when I do, I pass out.

HEY GUYS!!👋

WHATS UP?

FINALLY ANOTHER CHAPTER POSTED!! Please keep voting and commenting!!!!!!! Y'all are so sweet thanks to those who do vote and comment!! THANK U CUTIES!!💕😊