Chapter 11

The older male, Archer and me stand in a row, the women still holding us. The whole place has cleared out, they must've been sent back to their rooms. But a different women walks toward us. She's holding a gun in her hand casually. She's older too, maybe her late fifties or early sixties.

"Ah, would you look at that. Our good old Alliance friends. Thanks for burning down our building, how nice of you," she says. I look back at the building and only see smoke. But it's burnt down all right.

"Though I'm glad I have a couple of you guys here to keep me updated on what your up too. But.." The gun clicks. "I think three is too big of a crowd, don't you think? Looks like I'll get rid of one of the young-ins." I flinch as she raises the gun, and cry out when she rests it on me. I have no time to react.

But the older male does.

Somehow he gets in front of me, and I hear the gun shot, that loud ringing noise that I've always been afraid of.

And the male falls.

I didn't even feel Archer's arms around me, pulling me close into him. He had the same idea as the male. But then I think he's just trying to cover my eyes from the pool of blood below me, and the lifeless body of a stranger who died for me. He wraps his arm around my head. I've never seen Archer so protective like this.

Maybe it's because I almost got shot, dammit. But the thought seems so surreal.

"I guess I didn't ask for volunteers first. Darn, I assumed he knew more than you two do. You seem new," the lady says. Archer let's go of me when the women grab us. I can't help but keep glancing the male below me. What the hell just happened?

Someone makes a noise in her pocket.

"Sarah, the room is ready." The voice says through her device of some sort. She then turns around and walks, and the rest of us follow. My whole body shakes, I'm terrified. So terrified, I can't even walk straight. The women has to almost drag me. We stop in front of a small building, and they check us for weapons. Then they walk us into a small white room, handcuffing us to chairs in front of a desk. I look worriedly at Archer.

We don't know anything.

Not enough information Sarah probably wants. We're useless to her, and I have no idea what she'll do to us then. But she stands in front of us, with the guards behind us.

"So, what other plans are you making up to attack us and the government?" She asks.

"We just showed up at the Alliance two days ago. But from what I heard, it may be soon," Archer speaks up.

"When is soon?"

"Soon."

Sarah suddenly strikes, grabbing the arms of Archers chair and looking right into his face.

"You answer correctly, or we beat you. Your choice." Sarah says, glaring into his face. Archer glares right back.

"Is the beating with your fists or a club? You know theres a big difference." Archer spits out, and Sarah slaps him hard across the face. I see one of the guards pull out a whip.

"Already had that done," he says, and Sarah explodes. One of the guards pull out a club and whacks it on Archers head. He cries out as I try to do "something, but there's nothing I can do but watch and tell them to stop. The guards hit and whip Archer nonstop, and Sarah has left the room.

I yell at the guard to stop again, but then I feel the club hitting me in the cheek, and I almost scream. The pain is unbearable, I don't know how Archer can take this.

But not even he can take it.

I see him suddenly slouch in his chair after a hit, with blood covering his face, coming out of his nose and mouth. He's covered in sweat, not even moving a muscle.

"Archer?" I whisper, waiting for him to open his eyes and stare at me with those bright blue eyes. To give me a slight smile and tell me it's all right. But he doesn't.

"Archer!" I say, more loudly this time. I feel the club hit me again. I scream out his name. "Wake up!" I screamed, until the club hit me once more. The guards untie us, and they walk me and drag Archer to the cells. We are thrown into our own, but there's only a barred wall in between us. Archer lays close to the side, still not awake. I cry and hold his hand, trying to feel a pulse. It's there, slow, but there.

I try my best to relax, but still hold his hand tight. I feel blood on my head, dripping down the sides. The door suddenly opens, and I see Sarah walk into. I do as Archer would and glare.

"Tomorrow we will try it again, and I am not afraid to kill either of you right on the spot." She turns around to walk out the door, but quick looks back. "I'd tell the boy that, if I don't like one little thing he does...." I see her reaching for her gun, and she walks out the door.

"Tell me what." I barely hear Archers voice, but I look at him with pure delight. He stares up at me, and squeezes my hand. I smile.

"Just don't do anything stupid."

He laughs a bit, then groans and grabs his head. His eyes are shut tight, his face cringed. "Hell, that hurts."

"How bad?"

"Bad."

I can almost feel his head pounding next to me. That club did hurt bad when it hit me in the head. He got hit multiple times...

"Concussion, probably," I say, and he nods at first, then smiles.

"We're gonna be fine, you hear me?" He asks, and it seems almost impossible to believe that. He must of seen the doubt in my face though. He then squeezes my arm.

"You and me, we survived a hell lot of stuff, only in the past few days. So don't give up after all we've been through..."

"Hey," he shakes my arm an looks at me straight in the eye. "We're gonna make it, you and me."

"You and me." I say, and his eyes light up like the ocean.

"You and me."

Hey! So sorry I haven't posted for a while😁 but still please vote and comment! Thank you!!💕