//*Chapter Twelve*\\

•Asher POV•

"Looks like we're closing the night with one more group." The guy announces on stage. "Give it up for Julie and the fat ones."

Everyone laughs but Julie just sends Luke an annoyed glare before shrugging it off and making her way onstage.

"Hi." She says into the mic. "It's actually Julie and the Phantoms."

No one responds so she just gets on with it.

"Hearts on fire
We're no liars
So we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened
No more faking
So we push all our fears away
Don't know if I'll make it 'cause I'm falling under
Close my eyes, and feel my chest beating like thunder
I wanna fly
Come alive
Watch me shine"

Me and the boys are suddenly teleported onstage, instruments and microphone in hand.

"I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free"

I sing the next verse, looking at the boys I grew up with in wonder.

"We're all bright now
What a sight now
Coming out like we're fireworks
Marching on proud
Turn it up loud
'Cause now we know what we're worth"

Julie and Luke jump in, to Harmonize with me.

"We know we can make it we're not falling under
Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder
I wanna fly
Come alive"

Luke and I back off, giving Julie her solo moment.

"Watch me shine.
I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me."

We jump back in, but this time Reggie and Alex join in too.

"Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free
I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free"

Julie sings the next few lines with Luke repeating each line.

"I got a spark in me
(I got a spark in me)
And you're a part of me
(And you're a part of me)
Now 'til eternity
(Now 'til eternity)
Been so long, and now we're finally free."

I join in with them as Reggie moves beside me, with his bass in hand, smiling at me cutely.

"I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free (yeah, yeah, yeah)."

Julie sings the last part with me harmonizing.

"I got a spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And you're a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now 'til eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long, and now we're finally free
Finally free
Yeah"

The crowd cheers as Julie, The boys and I, all bow. Then we're suddenly offstage, watching Julie soak in the applause from afar.

"You we're incredible!" Flynn squeals at Julie who's now running towards us in excitement.

"Hell Yeah, we were!" Reggie shouts.

"Hey, hey!" Luke shouts, trying to gain our attention. "Whoever Carrie was trying to impress is coming our way!"

"She looks all business." Reggie points out in awe. "Wait, who should do the talking?!" Reggie asks in panic.

We all give him a look. "Right, right, Julie."

"Hi, I'm Andi Parker and I would love to-"

"Julie!" A familiar voice shouts, cutting her off.

"Dad!" Julie gasps in shock.

"It's time to go." Ray tells her, looking extremely disappointed.

Well shit. There goes any chance of that happening.

The boys and I poof back to the house to wait for Julie. I just hope she isn't in too much trouble.

"For the last time, mío." I hear Tia scold. "Ghosts are not real." She scolds and I laugh at the irony.

"Typical adult, do you remember when we were kids and they never believed what we said?" Reggie asks.

"No."

"Yes."

Alex and I speak at the same time. He turns to me in disbelief. "What are you talking about? Our parents always believed us, we were extremely trustworthy."

"Speak for yourself." I say. "Our parents never trusted me cause I'd always come home smelling like cigarettes."

"Yeah, I never understood why you smoked back then." Alex ponders and I look at him weirdly.

"What? I never smoked."

My eyes widen as I realize my mistake.

"Wait, then why did you-"

"So Reggie, what's with adults not believing, am I right?" I say, not giving him a chance to finish.

Luke and Alex send me a suspicious glare but Reggie takes the bait and goes back to the earlier topic.

"Right! We should help Carlos." He says before leaning backwards and turning off the lamp.

Carlos and Tia freeze.

"No such thing as ghosts, huh?" Carlos remarks. "How do you explain that?"

Tia looks nervous but keeps her composure. "Light bulbs burn out all the time, Carlos."

"Ooo, wrong answer Tia." Reggie says as he gets up and opens the blinds before closing them again rapidly.

"Maybe it's my mom!" Carlos shouts excitedly before his face drops. "She knows I haven't been replacing the toilet paper."

"Your mama would never scare us!" Tia shouts. "This is the work of a demon!!"

Reggie suddenly stops and looks over to Tia with a frown. "Hey, words hurt."

"Wait, I got to get it on video!" Carlos shouts, grabbing my attention. This can't be good.

"Yeah, you do." Reggie smirks. "Time for an old classic." He says while picking up a white sheet and draping it over his head.

Tia screams and drags Carlos out of the room. "Dang it! It was in selfie mode!" Carlos shouts but it's too late, he's already out of the room.

Reggie plops back down onto the couch in triumph as he lets out a sigh.

We all glare at him. "Do you have any idea what you've done?" Alex asks him.

"Yeah I do." Reggie smiles proudly and I can't help but soften a little. "I've defended every kid who's never been believed. Some might say I'm a super hero."

We all sit in silence for a moment before Reggie's eyes widen in panic. "We should probably hide before Julie finds out." He says before dashing out of the house.

Luke, Alex and I all share a look before following.

This is gonna be a long night.