//*Chapter Fourteen*\\

•Reggie POV•

Not too long after Asher went god knows where, we caught Willie spying on us again.

Naturally, Alex followed him out, but all that Willie said is that Alex needed to go to the beach, so that's what he did.

Luke and I went with him and I almost wish I hadn't. I broke down at the sight of Asher, my Asher, passed out on the beach, covered in his own blood. I didn't even know we could bleed.

So now here he is, lying on the couch with his head in my lap as he sings a catchy slow tune in his sleep. He must be having one heck of a dream.

A purple flash suddenly jolts him back to consciousness and his eyes widen in pain as he leans over to cough. Weirdly enough, that looked like the jolts the boys and I keep getting.

"Hey, hey, relax." I tell him softly as I carefully place his head back on my lap. "We're gonna figure this out and then everything is going to be fine."

He gives me a reassuring smile that's less than convincing. "Yeah, you're right Reg, I just need some rest and then I'll be all ready for tonight's performance."

Tonight's performance?? I glance at Luke and Alex in disbelief. He was just coughing up blood and now he wants to perform?

"Ash, are you sure that performing is the be-"

"Ill be fine." He says sternly, cutting me off. I frown down at him but don't argue.

Soon his eyes flutter shut again and he's off to sleep.

"Alex, you need to find Willie and get him to tell you what's going on." I tell him, trying to hide the fear in my voice. Something is seriously wrong with Asher and I don't know if I can handle it.

"I will, I promise." He says looking down at his older brother. "But first we gotta perform."

Luke nods in agreement. "He's got a point. We go on in a few hours and we don't know where he is. It would be better if we went after the performance."

I sigh. He has a point. "Fine, let's practice." I grumble.

The entire time we're practicing I never take my eyes off of Asher. I need to know he's okay.

Asher wakes up about an hour before we perform and gets some practice time in as well.

Before we know it, it's showtime.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us"

The boys and I poof onstage and play our hearts out.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great"

Me and the boys come in with the backups.

"(On the edge of great) great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great."

Luke sings and looks over to Julie who's dancing in my corner with me. It's almost as if she's avoiding him.

"We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no"