//*Chapter Thirteen*\\

•Asher POV•

"I got a spark in me, hands up if you can see." Ray sings.

Reggie and I decide to join in. "When your a part of me, hands up if your with me. I got a spark in me, hands up if your with me."

"Hands up." Reggie giggles as Ray lifts his hands while singing.

"This is new." Julie's voice chimes in.

"Yeah, I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast." Ray shrugs.

"Ha! He thought you were talking to him." Reggie laughs. "Me and your dad are pals now." He tells Julie. "It's a little one sided but, it works."

Julie turns to me in question. "Don't look at me, I don't get it either." I tell her.

"Look, after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking that I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager." Ray says. "So, I was thinking-"

"Dad no, I should have never snuck out." Julie says, cutting him off.

"Let the man speak." Reggie scolds her, which I find quite adorable. "He's been stress eating all week. I don't know where he puts it though, it's like, firm." Reggie says as he gestures to Ray's stomach.

"I know." Ray replies to Julie. "But I really wanna support your band. So, I called in some favours and I booked you a local gig." He says with finger guns.

God, finger guns are such a dad thing to do.

"Best dad ever!!" Reggie shouts.

"You know he's not your dad, right?" I ask, but Julie doesn't give him a chance to answer.

"Oh my gosh, where?? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?" Julie ask's enthused.

"Not quite." He replies with a nervous smile. "I called Flynn and she's gonna help us throw a party. Here. Tonight."

"Oh." Julie tries not to sound too disappointed. "You booked us a gig at our house."

"Maybe I was a little early with the best dad ever award." Reggie remarks.

I elbow him in the side. "Hey, at least he's trying. That's more than our parents ever did." I say and he nods his head in agreement.

"Hear me out." Ray starts to explain. "You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band and I'll get some of my colleagues to film, that way you have something professional for your YouTube."

Julie smiles. "You'd do that for me?"

Ray smiles back at her. "Yeah." He replies, before heading out of the kitchen.

"Back to best dad ever." Reggie grins goofily. "I'll go tell the guys. Come on, Ash."

I smile at the nickname.

"Have a good day at work, Ray!" He shouts and I'm beginning to worry that he thinks Ray can hear him. "It's cool, you don't have to answer."

Reggie and I poof into the studio and I suddenly feel faint. "Woah, are you okay?" He worries, keeping me balanced.

Alex gives me a knowing look.