Chapter 27

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

While the tournament was happening Professor Sycamore and Alexa were at Kalos famous ruins. They had found a statue of a girl called Alia who was in love with a man Jan. According to the folklore, the two were about to marry when Yvetal attacked their City. Alia tried to stop Jan from going to fight Yvetal, considering the rumours that surrounded the Pokemon. Alexa tried to find out more about the story but there was not much written about them after Alia was turned to stone.

An assistant ran to them, "Professor! Miss Alexa!"

Alexa, "Thomas? What's wrong?"

Sycamore, "You look like you have seen a ghost."

Thomas, "Lumiose City is under attack."

Sycamore, "WHAT?"

Alexa, "What is happening there?"

The two rushed back with the help of their psychic Pokemon only to gasp in shock at the state their home was in. The two rushed to help the people while avoiding the dangerous vines that kept appearing all over the place. The City was a mess and many of the large buildings had been totaled to the ground. They asked around for what happened to the City only for one of the screen to show live broadcast.

On the television screen, they saw Ash, Gary, Clemont, Serena, Alain, Korrina, Tierno and Sawyer fighting Lysandre. The group was being helped by Mairin, Aria, Miette and Shauna who had attended to cheer their friend Ash. Over the months, they had come to adore Ash and his insight as a Pokemon coordinator. No way were they leaving their friend to deal with the mad man alone.

Sycamore would have marvelled at the presence of Legendary Pokemon from other regions if not for the situation. The red haired man had gone mad wanting to destroy the Cities across Kalos. Also since when did he start giving evil monologue? Sycamore shook his head as he focused on helping the people and getting to his kids. He could not believe his friend betrayed them, and is part of Team Flare, dammit all! He was hoping.

Ash and Gary worked like a well oiled machine as they moved to bring the monolith down. The dark Zygarde was stealing all the life force turning it into dangerous crystal formations. Behind them the rest of the trainers dealt with the grunts either by getting their attention or taking them down. Serena and Clemont were the most effective among them ever since they understood that sometimes it was kill or be killed situation. The couple did not hold back from doing what was necessary making others worry.

Aria, Miette and Shauna watched Serena in concern and worry because everytime she shot someone she paled. Then at one point she threw up but still kept going and fighting despite looking like she was ready to drop. Clemont was in no better condition and the other boys and Korrina were worried about him. They two groups met at a center point that led to the monolith that Ash and Gary were dealing with.

Clemont, "Guys listen."

Serena pointed at where members of Team Flare lay on the ground, "If anyone ask why that lot are not alive."

Clemont, "Tell them it was us."

Serena, "We will deal with it."

Miette paled, "You mean they are... "

Clemont nodded, "Yes."

Korrina's eyes hardened, "We understand but we are not throwing you under the bus."

Aria nodded sternly, "Indeed, they did not have any remorse killing half of the audience."

Mairin, "Yes, they did much worse."