Chapter 26 (Bull**** is Brewing)

Diamond

Diamond sat on her couch in her front room. She was trying her best to focus on the deep sea diving documentary she put on, but her mind continued to wander. The feel of Rocio's lips, the feel of her body rubbing against Diamond existed as a maddening, distracting replay of memory.

We shouldn't, she recalled saying right before their mouths met.

You're right, you're my sister's ex, you're off limits, Rocio agreed, yet continued to lean in with her eyelids gradually falling shut.

Diamond was officially the messiest best friend to exist. Out of everyone in the universe, why would she in her right mind be attracted to Renata's older sister. The more she thought about it, the more terribly pathetic she felt.

Yet...

She wanted to feel regret on top of everything else, but she just couldn't, which worsened the guilt, but there was not an ounce of regret in her heart.

Did that make her an even shittier person?

Definitely yes.

As much as she tried to deny it the first couple of months, Diamond was unable to ignore what was standing right in front of her, especially after Rocio came to 'Nope Corner'. There was this undeniable chemistry between them unlike anything she ever experienced, even more so than—no, it was disrespectful to even attempt to make a comparison between the sisters.

Well, it seemed Diamond didn't care for morals anymore, so what did it matter?

But it does matter!

Diamond loved Renata more than she loved herself. Renata was her best friend and her closest confidant, but for whatever reason, they just didn't work as lovers. And it broke her heart, it infuriated her, and it confused her to no end. Renata was her perfect match, but then she thought of Rocio and considered...maybe not?

She picked up her phone and acted impulsively as she always did. She dialed Rocio's number.

It rang for a couple seconds before there was an answer. "Blue?"

Her thoughts jumbled into nothing. "Uh, hi."

"The connection isn't very good on my end. Is everything okay?"

If she didn't already feel like a complete idiot, now she did. "Yes, of course. I just wanted to make sure you landed okay."

There was some rustling on the other end. "I did. I'm in the car now. I'll be back at the house soon." With Renata.

"Good, that's good." She took in a deep breath, still feeling weird despite Rocio's casual tone. "I was just making sure."

But Rocio was astute—well, that, and Diamond wasn't known to hide her feelings. "Something on your mind?"

Okay, Diamond was about to show how transparent she could be. "Well, is something not on your mind?"

There was a pause on the other end, then a disappointing sigh. The sound of it made her heart drop. "Ah. Listen, Blue–"

"Please don't start with the whole 'this was a mistake', not unless you really believe it."