Chapter 47 (Delirious Moment of Horniness)

Renata

Later that day, the house became available. As they left, with Keone in tow, Renata exchanged hesitant farewells with Rocio and Diamond. She was still shocked by their older appearance—it's not like they looked like senior citizens, but the difference was still jarring.

"The house should be filled with all of the amenities you need," Rocio reminded them on the way out, "and if you need anything else, there's a phone book with a bunch of numbers, including ours, and a reliable landline."

"Thanks, sis," Tahoma dwarfed Rocio as he hugged her tightly. Well, Renata suspected he dwarfed most people who didn't beat his towering height. "Don't worry, we'll come knocking soon. We need a tour of the town, and dinner."

Both women's eyes darted toward Renata, hopeful. She returned a small smile. This invigorated them. "Alright," Rocio breathed out, "get out before we lock the doors."

The trio exited soon after and piled into the back of a helpful neighbor's car who was nice enough to give them a ride. It was a married couple named Monique and Hank. The husband, gray and slim, addressed them, "welcome to Saint Joseph. We hear we have a lot to thank you for."

While wedged in between Tahoma and Keone, or really had she been anywhere else, she was not in the mood to be praised. "Please don't, but thank you for driving us."

"Either way," Monique added in, gray and plump, "we're glad to have newcomers–ones so young too."

Renata shared a weary look with Tahoma. When she looked over at Keone, he simply looked out the car window. He'd hardly said anything since he'd finally awakened.

She had a weird feeling about him, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

**********

They walked up to the cozy cottage. Tahoma didn't bother to lower his voice. "Does the fucker have to stay with us? I want you all to myself."

"You heard my sister, there's a small guesthouse out back." And just like that, Keone broke off from them and walked around the house, presumdely toward where she mentioned.

"Still too close," Tahoma grumbled, pulling her closer as they reached the front door.

She shook her head at him. "He saved your life, you know."

"Don't remind me." He paused as he reached into the black mailbox that hung near the door and removed two keys. He handed one over to her and unlocked the door as she pocketed hers. "It sounds like you've forgiven him."

She appreciated that it didn't sound like an accusation. "Well, I don't know if I ever fully can, but after all the shit I've been through," they stepped inside, "I just don't think I have the energy to hate him. Anyway, I think he hates himself enough for the both of us."

He locked the door behind them. "I support your emotional maturity, priya, even though I'd prefer you to give me the green light to blow his head off." He dropped his duffle bag on the ground. So did she.

"I know I should diffuse your anger against him," she admitted as he began prowling toward her, "but it's kinda hot."

That wicked gleam shone on his striking face. "Tell me what else is hot about me."