Surrounded By Friends

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 💗 ⋅.} ────── ⊰

disclaimer,

fluff
mentions of cheating
i think that's it 

enjoy! don't forget to vote and comment 💕

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 💗 ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Sanghee blinks up at her ceiling, one question running through her mind. 'How did I get here?' That seemed like the million dollar question at the moment. How did she let herself get into another relationship like this? First her parents, mainly her mother, and now Taesoo. She should have listened to her sister, she should have dumped Taesoo when he'd waved the first red flag in her face.

"We're young and immature unnie. He'll get better"

"He didn't mean it. I'll talk to him ok"

"Maybe try and get along with him more? Just try not to trigger him, ok?"

Stupid. She was stupid to defend him every time. Now here she is tired, alone and depressed more so than she'd been during quarantine. Sighing Sanghee rolls onto her side no longer interested in the ceiling. She focuses on her guitar in the corner. It was mainly decoration now since she'd been too busy to keep up her lessons with Hyunseok. It was her birthday gift from him, hand painted as he put all her favorite colors into intricate patterns and painted her name in the corner.

Sanghee wishes she could have loved him, really loved him romantically instead of platonically. She often thinks about how her life would be had they'd gotten married like their parents planned. Maybe if she'd married Hyunseok things would be different, she might even be happy. But she didn't marry Hyunseok, they broke off their arrangement and ran away from home to become idols.

"You'll regret this"

"Don't come crying back"

Her mother had said. In a way she wished she'd listened to her. There were plenty of things Sanghee regrets from those years. Leaving home to become an idol will never be one of them.

Slowly she begins to drift to sleep, a depression nap pulling her under but before her mind can shut off her brain her phone is vibrating a few times with a new notification. Lazily she picks up her phone unlocking it not even realizing she was picking up her work cell instead of her personal one.

LEO (eCHO):

Hey!
Message me back
We need to talk
I know you're getting these messages
Answer Sanghee
Please...

'Oh great' Sanghee thinks. She'd forgotten about his work phone. He hadn't contacted her through it since their last fight so she'd completely forgotten that she had his work contact. Chewing on her bottom lip, Sanghee debates responding to him. She'd promised Hyunseok, she promised him not to message Taesoo but she promised herself to end things with Taesoo once and for all.

Slowly she types a simple 'ok' before sending it. She shuts the device off before reaching for one of her stuffed animals, hugging it close to her chest. As she lays there she hums to herself before the words come spilling out of her mouth along with her tears until she sings herself to sleep.

//

Sanghee didn't bother putting on makeup or even clean clothes as she got ready to visit Taesoo. She left her sweat pants and tshirt on before throwing a jacket over her shoulders, a hat on her head and shoving her feet in her shoes.