•11•

You follow Negan's lean frame down the staircase where you had almost been killed yesterday, curiosity burning at every nerve ending in your body; wondering where he's taking you and why you have to take your bag. You hope that he's going to give you your own room. Being his roommate is just a little out of your comfort zone.

You catch yourself watching the leather constrict and wrap his biceps and shoulders. Shaking yourself off of it, you lock onto the ground. This is becoming normal for you, watching him, eyeing the way his clothes fit, remembering the notes of the spicy cologne he wears. You decide to just brush it off as just your hormones playing games with you. No one would deny him being attractive, it would be hard for any woman to not notice these things about him. It doesn't mean anything.
Soon, the both of you arrive at the set of main doors that lead outside.

The door whines as he opens it and holds it for you. You give him a small 'thank you' and step outside. The warm summer breeze wraps around your body like a hug. Your eyes squint, having not been out in the sun for a long time. The air is sweet and warm, almost nostalgic. You follow him over to the makeshift parking lot where the box trucks, vans, trucks, and a black dodge charger reside, along with Dwight's motorcycle.

There are a few men on guard duty, standing by the gate and up on the catwalk, armed to the teeth. Their eyes are glued to you as soon as they recognize you, making your skin crawl. You find Dwight standing at the gate, staring at you, not in the way that the others are though. He's wearing a matching bruise on his throat. The sight of the marks make your stomach drop, guilt washing over you. The look in his eyes almost translates as disappointment, like you're doing something you shouldn't be. He wanted this, he wanted you to go to Negan. You can't control what Negan does with that. You peel your eyes off of him as you follow Negan over to the black charger. He opens the passenger side door and waits for you to get in. You linger for a moment, shooting a glance back at Dwight who's watching closely.

"Where are we going?", you ask hesitantly.

Being caught up in Negan's trance, you really had neglected to seriously consider that he might be banishing you or going to kill you. Or this could very well be one of the defense mechanisms you've developed after being abused for so long. Hyper-vigilance can be a blessing or a curse at times. Seeing Dwight threw you off track and is making you second guess. But why else would you be taking your bag?

"You wouldn't want me to ruin the surprise would you?", he grins, still holding the car door open for you.

You shoot one last look at Dwight and catch him shaking his head in disbelief. You ease yourself down into the car, placing your bag between your feet on the floorboard. Negan shuts the door and walks around to the driver's side. Your train of thought has been completely derailed. You stare blankly at the dash, wondering why Dwight seemed so disheveled. He has to know that you're as safe as you're going to get, being with Negan. Your head starts spinning, your subconscious spiraling on every reason there could be for Dwight to act that way. Negan enters the car, places Lucille in the back seat, then turns the key and the engine roars to life. He glances over at you and sees your blank state.

"You okay?", you hear his gravelly voice, pulling you from your dissociative state.

Your brows furrow slightly, trying to make your brain compute a coherent thought.

"Yeah, it's just Dwight.", you tell him, directing your gaze at him.

He flicks his attention to where Dwight is, taking his bottom lip between his teeth and squinting slightly as if he's trying to figure it out. He eventually lets out a small chuckle and a sigh. This causes your brows to furrow even farther. You scan him, waiting to hear the punchline.

"Did I call it or did I fucking call it?", he chuckles as if he had won a prize.

You look back to Dwight who's now staring at the ground, clearly lost in his inner monologue.

"Call what?", you ask, genuinely confused.

Directing your attention back on Negan, he's still wearing that smug expression, eyes interlocked with yours.

"Ol'Dwighty boy's got the hots for you."

The look on your face causes him to let out a small chuckle. He shakes his head and puts the car in gear. The gates squeal open with one of the men pulling it back.

"Why do you think that?", you ask as he pulls away from the compound, bits of loose gravel crunching under the tires.

You watch as his eyes scan the road ahead, one hand on the wheel and the other resting on his knee closest to you. His hand being so close to you almost gives you goosebumps.

"The way he looks at you.", he says, sneaking a glance your way.

You shoot him a questioning look.

"The way he looks at us.", he adds, keeping his focus on the road.

You have noticed his demeanor is completely different when you're around Negan. A small part of you believes him but the rest of you knows better. Dwight could never expect anything romantic out of you, you guys are just friends. The word us sticks to you as the sentence rolls off his tongue. There isn't an us between you and Negan. To think of you and him as anything more than what you are now almost makes you laugh.

The wife thing.

It finally hits you. You feel stupid for not putting two and two together. He was already upset when he just assumed you joined the clan of wives. It's a reality now, and that probably set him on fire.

"I think it's the whole wife thing. He asked me yesterday if I was one of your wives or something and seemed pretty upset.", you explain, brushing off his accusation.

"That's just fuel to the fire Darlin'. Tell me why he would give a shit if you were my wife if he wasn't into you.", the ball is back in your court now.

You can't think of an explanation, nothing to fire back with. Your mind can't comprehend the thought of someone being romantically interested in you. Sighing, you look out the window. The trees are nothing but a large green blur as the car zips by them. Admittedly, you missed being out here, seeing anything but those same, sad concrete walls.

"You're not taking me out here to kill me are you?", you ask half-jokingly.

He chuckles at your question.

"Haven't decided yet.", he banters back.

You rest your head on the window and look up at the blue sky laced with fluffy white clouds. Probably about ten minutes go by and he makes a left turn. Large oak trees and bushes are placed on each side of the long driveway. The car approaches a wrought iron gates with a lock chained around it. Negan puts it in park without a word and gets out of the car. You sit up straight, watching his every move. He brandishes a key from the pocket of his jacket and undoes the lock. The gate opens with a loud screech, seemingly not have been used very much. He comes back to the car and eases through the gate. You're a little too anxious to ask why you're here but you already have an idea.

He's banishing me.