•24•

The last bag of your things barely fits into the trunk. You definitely didn't start out here with this much stuff. Some of these things you just can't part with though. This place was finally starting to feel like home. As much as you hate to leave it, you can't bear the thought of Negan giving the Sanctuary up, especially for you.

You take one last look around. The early morning dew covers everything in sight, giving it all a soft glow. The air is crisp and light, slightly cold so you had decided to throw on a light jacket. You know you'll shed it off as the sun rises and warms the air. In the back of your mind you hope, maybe one day, you'll come back here. You hate living at the Sanctuary but you feel as if there's no other choice.

Dewdrops soak your hand as you close the trunk of the Charger. The gravel crunches under your shoes on your way to the passenger side door. After giving the quaint cabin a longing once over, you get in the car. You find Negan watching you from the driver's seat.

"You can still change your mind.", he reminds you, scanning your face.

"I know.", your lips pull into a slight reassuring smile.

He gives you a moment to stir on it before putting the gear shift into drive. As the car putts down the driveway, you watch the cabin become smaller and smaller in the side mirror. Being there with him made the world feel smaller like it was only you and him and nothing else. You take his hand and intertwine his fingers with yours. He pulls your hand up to his lips and plants a kiss on your knuckles before resting them on your leg. You can't help but smile.

These displays of affection are still new to you. Sure, you've held hands and kissed before but it's been so long since anyone has done these things to you that it feels like the first time all over again. It all still feels too good to be true. You still don't know what Negan sees in you. Or why he chose you or why he continues to stay but you couldn't be happier.

You're almost glad to have endured the things you have because they led you here, with him. Only now you can understand why people write songs, poems, or books about the one they love. You could write every day for the rest of your life about how he makes you feel, the way his words enter your ears and travel to your heart to tug at the strings, the way your eyes memorize each of his features as if you're going to forget them. He's art. It's like he was handcrafted especially for you.

"I'm sure you already know but you're going to have someone with you at all times.", Negan's gravelly voice pulls from your obsessive thoughts.

"Yeah, I figured that much.", you shallowly nod.

His thumb strokes yours, sending a fleet of butterflies through your heart. A brief minute passes by with you watching the passing trees out the window.

"Sooo about the sleeping situation.", you start, earning a glance from him.

"What about it?"

You almost let out a giggle but you stifle it successfully.

"Are we doing bunk beds or race car beds? If we're doing bunk beds I get the top one.", you crack a smile.

"I don't know. Which one would you rather me fuck you on?", he smirks, holding your gaze for a moment.

Your cheeks turn bright red and your jaw drops at his vulgar question. He chuckles seeing your expression.

"I mean, we could get both and see which one holds up best.", he offers.

You pick your brain trying to come up with something to bat back at him.

"Bold of you to assume I would let you.", you feel a slight twinge of accomplishment, not letting him win so easily.