Chapter 10: Kiba's Pain (Short)

With Obe And Luna

Obe and Luna were heading to Issei's house for the next ORC meeting due to the club building having its spring cleaning.

Obe: Think this'll be the same old stuff?

Luna: Most likely.

Obe: I can only imagine what Issei's parents are like though. You think his father influenced his past perverted nature?

Luna: It wouldn't surprise me if he did.

They arrive to Issei's house. Obe knocks on the door, Rias opens the door.

Obe: Sorry we're late, we were eating when you called.

Rias: That's alright, you're both on time for the meeting to start.

They head to the living room as the meeting begins, Rias started with the contracts.

Rias: Obe and Luna have not done any contracts, but understandably so.

Obe: Any sightings of Stray Devils? Fallen?

Rias: So far no, but we'll stay vigilant.

Obe: Good, have you all kept up your training?

Issei: I think I speak for all of us when I say we have.

Everyone else nods.

Luna: Good that you still are.

Just then, Issei's mom, Miki came into the room.

Miki: Hey kids, I brought some snacks. *set a plate down*

Obe: *spots something in Miki's other hand* What's that?

Miki: *smiles* I thought you all would like to see what Issei was like when he was younger.

Issei: MOM!!

Miki opens the photo album and Issei facepalms in embarrassment.

Obe: Chin up Issei, my mother did the same when she met Luna and her parents.

Luna: You certainly were adorable as a baby.

Obe: *chuckles* Ok enough.

Kiba: She seems to be a great mother Issei.

Issei: Yeah, but doesn't mean it's still not embarrassing.

Obe looks at more of the pictures, the spots an interesting one. He pulls it out of the album.

Obe: Hey Issei, *Issei looks at him* who's this?

Issei: Oh man, that was an old friend of mine. He used to come over to my place all the time, but his family moved away. I haven't seen him since.

Obe notices Kiba looking at the photo with anger in his eyes.

Obe: Kiba, *Kiba looks at him* what's wrong? I sense anger in you.

Everyone looks at Kiba, he takes a deep breath and turns to Issei.

Kiba: Issei, you remember anything about the sword in the picture?

Issei: If I did I most likely forgot, why?

Kiba: The sword in that picture is a holy sword.

Rias: *looks at the picture surprised* It really is.

Obe: How strong are holy swords?

Rias: Even if a Devil gets scratched by one, it could do fatal damage.

Obe: That makes a lot of sense.

Luna: What are considered some of the most powerful?

Kiba: Those would be Caliburn, Durandal, Ascalon and Excalibur.

Obe: Excalibur, didn't you say that was part of the Holy Sword project? *Kiba nods* Hmm...

Kiba: As far as I know though, Excalibur is in pieces, and the other holy swords are nowhere to be found. If one is found though, the church will try to take it.

Luna: I'd like to see them try to take it from one of us if we found one.

Obe: Agreed, but I would expect there to be some sort of limit on the swords.

Kiba: That's what the Holy Sword project was about, they were training me and others to be able to wield holy swords. It was a massive failure though.

Obe: So what you're saying is that the swords rejected all of you?

Kiba: *raises brow* What are you getting at?

Issei: Oh I see, *everyone looks at him* Obe is saying that the swords were rejecting everyone because the swords must've had a sense to know what those people were trying to do, right?

Obe: *nods* Spot on Issei.

Kiba: I... I never thought of that. *lowers his head* I guess the swords didn't want the church to have more power.

Luna: That's what I'd do. *Kiba looked at her* I mean, if I was a holy sword, and I saw people of a church trying to train kids to try to get a hold of my power, I'd reject every single one of them due to the church's greed.

Rias: That's oddly specific, but I can agree.

Luna: That's a question though, *Rias looks at her* could a holy sword choose a Devil?

Rias: *thinks* I honestly can't answer that... Mainly because it's never really happened before.

Obe: So it may be possible, but unconfirmed?

Rias: Maybe, *checks the time* we should continue this talk tomorrow, it's getting late.

All: Agreed.

Everyone begins to leave the house, thanking Issei's parents for their hospitality. Obe walks up to Kiba.

Obe: *puts a hand on Kiba's shoulder, he turns* I can sense some anger and sadness within you. Just remember what I told you.

Kiba: *nods* The swords aren't to blame, but the people who did the project.

Obe: Alright, *the two fist bump* we'll see you tomorrow.

They all begin to head back to their homes as the screen fades to black.

 A/N: That's chapter 10 everyone, I'm sorry it's late and short, but I've been having major writers block lately. I do hope you can forgive me for that, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyway. Enjoy your day and Cya in the next chapter.