Chapter 29

I woke up to the sounds of banging and clanging.

My eyes fluttered open, still disoriented from my sleep. I can make out the sun shining bright, thanks to the dark gray curtains, my eyes weren't welcomed with the intense glistening light once I opened them.

I stretched and yawn. I extended my arm to the side. I don't know why I was wishing Lukas was still beside me when I heard sounds coming out of this room, most likely the kitchen.

The sheets were cold which meant he has been awake for quite some time.

I went inside the restroom in his room. I saw a pink sparkly toothbrush and used it to brush my teeth; it's one of the necessities Lukas bought I splashed cold water against my face to awaken and freshen me up.

I walked out of his room when I was completely rid of slobber and eye booger. Dapat fresh 'no!

Seeing as the living room was completely empty, I walked towards the open kitchen. I was welcomed with the sight of him cooking breakfast. His tight white shirt did nothing to hid his broad shoulders and ripped arms.

When did he get so rugged?

I bit my lip when I heard music floating through the air.

"Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile

Get me with those green eyes, baby
As the lights go down
Gimme something that'll haunt me whenever you're not around
'Cause I see, sparks fly, when you smile"

Lukas was bopping his head and tapping his foot against the music. His left hand was perched on his waist while his right was moving the pan cooking the bacon.

He was softly muttering the song, but when the bridge came...

"I run my fingers through your hair
And watch the lights go wild
Just keep on keeping your eyes on me
Its just wrong enough to make it feel right
And lead me up the staircase
Won't you whisper soft and slow
And I'm captivated by you baby
Like a fireworks show"

He forced his deep and manly voice to go higher. He looked so adorable and laughable!

He sang louder, nakita kong nakapikit pa siya, dinadama 'yong musika. Siguro kung alam niyang wala ako sa unit niya, he would have been screaming the lyrics on top of his lungs.

I bit my lip harder. It was so hard, I could almost taste the blood. I tried my hardest to let him finish the song before finally letting the laugh desperately wanting to get out to break free.

I can't blame the guy, Taylor's bridges are the fucking best.

I clapped and whistled. I even shouted encore. I saw him jump a bit and turn around. His face looked like he has seen a ghost with how white he was.

"What are you doing here?!"

As I was about to tease him, he cut me off. "No, no, no..." he marched in front of me. Inikot niya ko patalikod ng kusina at tinulaktulak paalis.

"Lukas! Ano ba! Hindi kita aasarin, promise!" I dug the soles of my feet on the ground to stop him from pushing me out.

"You're supposed to stay in bed, belle."

I faced him when he stopped forcing me to move. I saw him pouting, mukhang batang hindi pinayagan maglaro sa labas kasama mga kaibigan.

"What I saw was just between us. 'Di ko sasabihin kahit kanino," I vowed.