⦃ 36 ⦄

A few days later, Soora was looking down her bedroom window as she watched the boys play basketball as always, but something was making her antsy. She saw the other girls out on the court, in the benches, cheering on the boys, and Soora wished to be there.

Throwing caution to the wind, Shin Soo armed herself and trudged out of her house. It was a long battled as she walked in and out of her apartment, descended, and rose the staircases one time too many until she finally reached the building's entrance.

It was the first time she was risking going out in broad daylight, where she could bump into anyone, and she felt nervous, but not to the point of panic. So she stayed at the door, watching everything much closer but keeping herself in the shadows, without being noticed.

The next time they gather for these sports games, Soora does the same, until finally someone notices her, but doesn't say anything. Later more people notice her, but they don't push her limits or try to address the issue, they just try to act as normal as possible, to not overwhelm her.

One day, she dares to go to Hoseok's apartment, he had caught a stomach bug and was sick, and Soora wanted to be a good girlfriend and take care of him. Namjoon was surprised when the bell rang, and he opened the door to see Soora just outside. He stuttered a bit, but let her in, and as she spent the day in their apartment, he tried not to be in the same room as her.

Soon after Hoseok got well, Soora asked him to organize a dinner date with Namjoon and Ashley in their apartment, and with time she started to visit other neighbors' apartments. It was all slowly coming together, naturally, and soon enough she was finally joining everyone in the courtyard.

She still didn't feel 100% comfortable interacting with strangers, so she avoided the other apartment complex neighbors, or going far as leaving her building's safe bubble. But time was healing, and she was almost all patched up as Yoongi had said, and it was all thanks to the support system she was able to obtain. All thanks to one stubborn and kind neighbor that broke her bubble and gained her friendship and heart.

"Hobi." She called him while they were watching a TV show, as their usual program. "I love you." She said after he hummed in response.

The male's body pressed to her side went completely taut at her words, as a blush crept on her face and ears, starting to spread down her neck.

"W-what?" He asked, a stuttering, blushing mess.

She pressed pause on the TV and turned to him, who was looking at her wide-eyed and almost pale. 

"I said I love you."

"I-I..." He blinked, throat dry and heart hammering hard against his chest.

"You don't have to say it back, I just felt like saying it now." She said with a smile. "I've been feeling it for quite some time, but only recently I understood what I really felt. All by myself! Jin oppa didn't have to tell me." She proudly and excitedly said. "So I thought I should tell you too." She shrugged, pressing play again on the show, but Hoseok took the remote control from her hands and pressed pause once more.

"Fuck, Soora..." He mumbled, rubbing his face and settling up on the couch, turning to her, who nervously waited for him. "I love you too, so much. I never thought our relationship would turn into love, but I'm glad it did." He assured, interlacing their fingers and thumbing the back of her hands softly. A big smile spread on her lips, alongside a soft pink blush at his words.

"Me too. I'm glad I'm in love with my best friend." She said as she lovingly stared at him, heart stuttering inside her as he looked from her eyes to her lips.

And that night, for the first time, their kisses left the innocence behind and turned more passionate, more intense. What started as a peck evolved into limbs tangling together and bodies pressing each other against the sofa, while lips slid and tongues twirled together. 

They had to stop themselves from going further because neither of them was ready for it yet. But the burning that started to grow in the pit of her stomach when things started to get more intense when hands touched skin under the fabrics, it makes Soora's skin crawl. Not from disgust or fear, but anticipation. 

She never thought about it before, but now... now it was all she ever thought about, and she wanted to know what should she do, how could she proceed to take this next step with her boyfriend. So she did what she has always been best at: research.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

a/n: My Hoora is getting frisky ywy

I won't show anything more detailed bc, despite the dark themes, this is a PG fic, but I leave it to your imagination ♥

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇