⦃26⦄

APTO 302

"Is this really happening?" Soora questioned herself looking in the mirror.

Hoseok was in the living room waiting for her. After their conversation the day before, he went offline. It left her worried that she had misinterpreted their conversation, or that he had reacted badly to her response.

However, that morning, after her appointment with Seokjin where they only talked about everything that was going on with Hoseok, he showed up at her doorstep to talk.

With a lame excuse, she fled to the bathroom and now mustered up the courage to go face her best friend and now possibly boyfriend. Slowly she left the bathroom and walked to the living room, where he was already waiting for her with a new episode of their favorite series.

That was a ritual they'd adopted since they'd met. First, they watched the episodes separately, chatting at the same time. Then they made video calls while watching together. Later they shared the same space and the same TV to watch the series.

"Want some?" He asked, pointing to the bowl of chips he had prepared.

Soora shook her head and fearfully sat beside him. Out of the corner of her eye, she studied him closely, finding his normal behavior strange. Was he trying to normalize the situation as much as possible, or was he ignoring their conversation? Could they be dating?

"Are we dating?" She asked, unable to bear her curiosity and nervousness anymore.

Hoseok looked at her for a second and turned his attention back to the TV, stuffing his mouth with chips and nodding with a sound of agreement. Soora noticed his cheeks gain a rosy hue which made her smile, finding his shyness cute.

She had never seen this side of him before. Maybe dating was just that, getting to know new sides of each other, it made her think about her secrets, which made her anxious and nervous. Soora bit her lip thoughtfully, not really paying attention to what was on the TV.

"Do you want to?" He asked, noticing the state she was in. Soora looked at him with wide eyes and blinked her eyelashes a few times.

"Y-yes?"

"That didn't sound very convincing to me." Hoseok judged, squinting and looking at her sideways.

"You didn't sound very convincing either." She fought back and silence fell on both of them, as they continued to watch the series.

After a few minutes, one of the main couples of the series had their first kiss, and it made them both nervous and embarrassed. Both looked at opposite points, busying themselves with something to justify their distractions. Him coughing while she drank juice.

However, after a few seconds, the two slowly turned around and looked at each other for a long time, and even though shyness was consuming them, they both had the same idea in mind.

Gulping hard, the two moved closer to each other, leaning their torsos forward after making themselves comfortable on the sofa. Their faces were only a few inches apart and they both looked from their eyes to their mouths in an endless back and forth as they got closer.

Then Soora's eyes closed tight and Hoseok took the final initiative to bring their lips together. That was the final step to make their relationship official, and Soora was somewhat anxious to get it over with.

"Wait." She asked when she felt him close enough to feel his breath on her lips, which made her lean back and fall down on the couch.

Hoseok ended up falling over her since it all happened too fast for him to pull back. Soora's eyes widened as he hovered over her, and her heart thrummed so hard against her chest that it felt like digging a hole out of her ribs.

When Hoseok made mention to get off of her, Soora stopped him by grabbing the fabric of his clothes.

"Wait."

"Yes?"

"I-I forgot." She mumbled.

She hadn't forgotten, but her doubts suddenly vanished from her mind now that they were like this. She liked Hoseok as a friend and was also attracted to him, this was something that became very clear now because she couldn't wait for him to kiss her. So she closed her eyes softly and lightly puckered her lips and just waited.

Hoseok's nervousness melted, and he let destiny guide them. It wasn't like he suddenly stopped being scared this would ruin their friendship, but now he was sure that they could make it work. So he just leaned forward and softly kissed Soora back.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

*author's note*

Confession time

Confession time. The original version they didn't like kissing lmao it felt like kissing siblings XD
But in this version I want SooSeook endgame, so yay!

The next chapters will be when Soora's trauma will finally be revealed. There will be details that are left out and will only be addressed later, but the main reason will finally be told.

It's going to be two very tense and emotional chapters, so prepare your tissues and your heart.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇