⦃28⦄

a/n: Light mention of sensitive topics, proceed with caution.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

APT 302

Days passed without Soora leaving her room for a second. Every day Seokjin and Hoseok would come to visit and talk to her outside her bedroom door, trying to get her to eat. Yet the trays of food kept coming and going untouched, she wouldn't open the door for anything, and it was getting to be too much.

Hoseok was used to this, but now, being her boyfriend, it seemed like everything just made him panic faster, and his heart constrict. He wanted to be there for Soora, and she never locked him out for so long before. He wanted to do something, but he didn't want to push Soora to the edge too, so he just followed Seokjin's lead.

Jin, on his end, said that if this continued they would need to take more aggressive action, like breaking down the door and forcing her to eat. Maybe even threaten to put her in the hospital again. They hated to resort to that kind of approach, but they feared that Soora would starve to death if she stayed locked in her room without eating or drinking any longer.

The night's watch at Soora's door turned into shifts between Chaeyun and Hoseok. Sometimes during the day, Seokjin would come to take a shift, talk to her, and try to get her to respond, but all he could hear was sobbing, crying, angrily growling and things being thrown against the wall. That was the first time he had witnessed that kind of reaction from the young woman, and it surprised him.

Anger was a negative feeling and often advised to be controlled, but for Jin it meant that he was breaking her bubble, breaking out of her cocoon, and taking a step out of her cage. That was a positive, even if slightly worrying, advance.

Elisa showed up one day unexpectedly, worried because she stopped hearing from Soora and since Soora had told her she could come anytime, she did.

Once Elisa knew what was going on, she offered to talk to her friend and try to convince her to come out of her cocoon. The young Australian woman spoke enthusiastically about Soora's project being approved and the bosses wanting new sketches as soon as possible, but after not getting any answers from the girl, Elisa sighed.

"If you don't deliver the new sketches in a week, you risk losing this opportunity, Soo-shi." She warned in a serious and dismayed tone. "But if you don't feel prepared for it now, I'll do everything possible and impossible to postpone the deadline, don't worry! Just...be well. I miss talking to you. Miss you." She spoke in a more animated tone, which soon became emotional.

Elisa sniffed and wiped the tears that fell from her eyes and then walked into the living room, where Chae and Hobi were. Elisa shrugged her shoulders, demonstrating that she hadn't been successful and Chae hugged the girl, thanking her for her attempt.

The Australian girl then left after exchanging contacts with Soora's younger sister, promising to come to visit again and asking the young woman to keep in touch and inform her about her friend.

"This needs to end, we need to do something!" Hoseok spoke in an angry tone, rubbing his fists with his elbows resting on his knees.

His lost gaze conjured up ideas of what he could do to help his girlfriend when she didn't want to be helped. This was horrible for him. Hoseok didn't even know why Soora was so bad or why Chae herself was devastated, and he knew it wasn't just about what was happening. Jung could see the shadow of demons flitting over the young girl's eyes every time her mind was lost in thought.