⦃ 8 ⦄

APT 302

Soora opened the door at the same moment that the first knock occurred, hiding behind it and letting her neighbor in. As soon as he entered, Soora pushed the door shut with a loud thud and punched her best friend's shoulder.

"The next time you disappear without news, I'll kill you." She scolded with a scrunched angry countenance, while Hoseok huddled and rubbed his shoulder. "I was really worried." She added after, dismantling her furious grimace to a saddened beak.

"Omo, my Soora-ya is so cute!" Hobi teased, squeezing her cheek only to receive another slap. "I promise I won't disappear again without sending the news. Now that you speak to Namjoon, I will send him to bring you news whenever possible." He promised, almost receiving a new slap, if he had not swerved quickly.

"Don't you dare!" She snorted, crossing her arms in a sulk, only to look at him from the side and gradually dissolve. "Are you okay now?" She asked as she evaluated him with her eyes.

Shin Soo could see fat dark bags under his eyes and the tone of his skin had lost the shine so characteristic of her private sun. Despite the huge smile he carried, she could see that he was still recovering.

"Of course I am, don't you see how well I am now?" He rhetorically ask, to what she just smiled, feeling that it was a light lie for her to stop worrying.

It made her heart ache. Jung gave her so much support in the worst and best moments, yet Soora felt that she did not reciprocate in the same proportion. Her face dropped in sadness at that realization and Hobi frowned, approaching her cautiously.

"Forgive me for disappearing and abandoning you, I didn't mean to leave you." He apologized with a tone full of regret, which made Soora lift her face to look at him.

Her tear-streaked eyes stared at Hobi's guilty face, and it prompted her to act on instincts, forgetting any warnings, that definitely didn't flare at the moment. So she just clashed her body with his, rounding her arms tight around his waist, while her head rested on his chest. 

Hoseok lost his breath and any sense of reaction at that gesture. He didn't expect that hug at all, he was far from expecting any physical contact from Shin Soo-Ra, so having it happen, despite the melancholy moment, was something immensely amazing that brought him enormous happiness.

Gently, Hoseok returned Ra-ya's embrace, which did not last for longer than a few seconds before she broke it and pulled back. Soora quickly walked away, embarrassed and red-faced, deflecting her best friend, as she assessed her sudden action. 

But even though she did something that terrified her terribly, Shin Soo didn't feel anxious at all or about to collapse, she instead felt... peace.

"You didn't abandon me." Her voice was no more than a whisper as her fingers played nervously with the hem of her wool blouse. "Shall we watch movies?" She asked suddenly, with a spike of forced enthusiasm, rapidly changing the subject and running to the next room.

Hoseok just smiled and followed the girl, sitting in an armchair while she took the sofa all to herself, but something bothered her. Soora looked at the two-seat sofa and then at Hobi, her nestling body prickling with want for something she never felt before. Crawling into the corner of the couch, she looked at Hoseok again and patted the now free place beside her, inviting the boy to occupy it. 

Ah, so many evolutions for just one day, Hoseok thought with a proud smile.

APT 301

Yoongi got home after another day looking for apartments. His hopes of finding something minimally decent in that same area were almost slim. However, luckily for him, he managed to find a job vacancy in a music and literature store that also had a coffee bar, called Magic Shop Café.

To his surprise, the place belonged to his neighbors from the 101 apartment. Jimin and Taehyung worked in the café and Jungkook worked in the music and book store. But since lately the maknae has been busy with his secondary job as an editor for a small film company, and the other two needed to stay at the café, they were casually looking for a part-timer. 

Luckily, Yoongi was in need of a job, but nothing full-time, so it worked perfectly. He would start working only the next day, which made him grateful because he was too tired from walking around to start immediately. 

As he arrived at the temporary building he would inhabit, his legs dragged up the building's stairs after seeing the "OUT OF SERVICE" sign on the elevator door again. It seemed to be something common in the building, and it irritated him. He hated climbing stairs.

Breathless, he finally reached the 3rd floor at the same moment he saw Hobi leaving the apartment next door with a huge smile on his face. 

The 302's door was open enough for Min Yoongi to catch a glimpse of his neighbor in the background. She was really beautiful, and now he partially understood the whole scandal that Hoseok was making. 

Her eyes widened when her gaze crossed his, ran out of sight right after while Hobi slammed the door shut and frowned at the older.

"I got a job at Magic Shop Café. In a few weeks, I will have enough money to move." He spoke when his old friend threatened to climb the stairs to his apartment.

"Great."

"Hoseok! Can't we... be friends again? I miss you."

"Maybe when you get out of here." He replied without much emotion, turning his back and hurrying up the steps.

Yoongi clenched his hands in fists, looking through where he had disappeared and then looking ahead, to the girl next door's apartment. Was she so worth it for Hoseok to turn his back on his ex-best friend? He didn't know the answer, but at that moment he felt angry at Shin Soo-Ra.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

*author's note*

This chapter was a tremendous roller coaster.
It started out super cute and ended up in this tense climate!
Soora all cute hugging Hobi was something so emotional...
I confess that my eyes watered a bit.

And now Yoongi is already angry with Soora
without her having any fault. Hobi is not being easy.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇