⦃16⦄ SEASON 2

DAEJEON

Namjoon parked his car in front of the address Hobi had told him, and the three stared at the aged house apprehensively. He had offered to take Hoseok and Yoongi to find Soora's sister because he felt guilty for judging both the girl and her illnesses. Plus, the car trip was much faster than a train or bus, and he knew how much his friend needed to resolve the issue surrounding Soora quickly.

"I'm going to stay here,"  Joon told, knowing he had no business meddling in such matters. The other two nodded at the driver's comment and got out of the car.

Hoseok looked back at Yoongi with his brows furrowed, but the older had his gaze set on the house, eyes squinted because of the rays of sun beaming on his face. Min analyzed the house carefully, trying to figure out if it was inhabited or if anyone was present at the time. 

He didn't know from when the letter was, but it didn't seem to be recent. What if Chaeyun didn't live there anymore? That hypothesis freaked him out.

"You don't have to go in with me," Hoseok spoke, and the elder took a brief look at the red-haired boy and answered him.

"I do." He decreed imperatively and Hobi did not argue.

He had no mind telling Yoongi his boundaries, and honestly, Jung needed the support of his former best friend at the time, even if it reminded him of the past constantly.

The two walked through the small front garden, which was filled with weeds and the burned grass, to the door that was one day white but was now faded with the crackled paint. 

Nervously they made themselves known; Hobi ringing at the bell and Yoon banging his fists on the wood. They heard angry arguing as a response and only after long minutes of waiting, someone opened the door in a swift unpleasant motion. 

A beautiful, skinny girl with blonde hair and black demarcated eyes opened the door with a hostile face, analyzing the two boys with an eyebrow raised.

"What do you want? "She inquired and Hobi looked at Yoongi, questioning whether that was whom they were looking for, but the elder only nodded.

"My name is Jung Hoseok and this is Min Yoongi. "

Nobody could get it out of Hoseok's head that Soora's fault for being in the hospital was his, and he was sure her family would blame him, too. Hoseok gulped dryly and massaged his own hands in a soothing manner as he lowered his gaze in search of the right words.  Yoongi, realizing the state of his friend, decided to take the lead in that conversation.

"We are friends of Shin Soora-ssi." The bored and impatient expression of the girl immediately changed to an attentive one after the mention of that name.

"Shin so-Ra?" She asked a little confused. "Soora has no friends, let alone lives here." Now she seemed defensive and suspicious and her body began to move away from the two of them, prepared to close the door if necessary.

"We are her neighbors. Hoseok is her best friend, actually. I'm just his friend. We're here because we need your help."  Yoongi calmly explained, but Chaeyun remained suspicious but did not walk away anymore nor threatened to slam the door in their faces.