⦃ 41 ⦄

Soora didn't know if it was because she had slept during the car trip, or if it was the unfamiliarity of the bed and bedroom, but she had only been able to sleep a couple of hours before she was wide awake again. 

It was still too soon to start preparing breakfast, and too late to do anything else, so she grabbed a throw blanket and wrapped it around her shoulders, quietly paddling out of the bedroom. It was too dark, but since she stayed with wide eyes in bed for a while, her vision was already adapted to the night, and she was able to walk around safely in the dark.

She grabbed a snack and a drink in the kitchen first, careful to not make any loud sound that could wake up her sister, and waddled her way out of the house and into the porch. There were a few chairs and benches along the porch, and she chose the closest one with a small table at the side to sit and stare into the night.

Everything was quiet, but nature. Crickets, frogs, owls, and many other nocturnal creatures were wide awake, as well as leafs rustling with the wind filling the quiet night with their sounds. It was oddly relaxing and comforting, as Soora munched and drank, appreciating everything quietly.

She didn't have any alarming thoughts or any overwhelming feelings, just quietness, inside and out. It felt strange but something she could easily get used to; she really wanted to get used to it.

"Soo?" A voice called for her, almost too eerily in the quiet night, like a ghostly whisper. Which made her startle with the scare and turn around to see none other than her sleepy boyfriend standing at the entrance of the house.

"Shit! Hobi, you scared me." She mumbled in an aggressive whisper, but a low tone nonetheless. It felt almost criminal to disrupt the silence of the night, and there was also the fact that everyone was deeply asleep.

"Sorry... I woke up without you and I got worried. Everything okay?" He asked with a worried frown and pouty lips.

"Everything's perfect, don't worry." She smiled softly, reassuringly. "I think I just am too excited to sleep all night long, also I napped in the car, so I'm not that sleepy anymore." She shrugged, and he hummed, looking at her in silence for a while.

"You sure?" He asked, still unsure.

"Absolutely. I wouldn't lie to you about how I feel." She nodded and spoke with more emphasis in her words.

"I know, I guess I'm just still on edge. It's weird to be the one to over-worry." He confessed, scratching his neck and looking away.

"It's okay, I gave you all the reasons to over-worry, but you can start relaxing now, I promise."

"Thanks." He smiled back.

"Come here." She called with an extended hand, to what he grabbed and stumbled on his feet towards his girlfriend when she pulled him into her embrace. He fall sitting on her lap, and they giggled quietly as she hugged his waist and he circled his arms around her shoulders.

"Hi, girlfriend." She said jokingly since their poses looked like roles were reversed.

"Hi, boyfriend." He mumbled back with a snort, their faces inches closer. He placed a kiss on her forehead and she hugged him tighter, humming in contentment.

There was nothing else in the world Soora wanted besides what she already had. The peace, the warm embrace of her boyfriend, the happiness. She planted a kiss on his neck because of the angle, and he shivered and shrieked at the sensation. They giggled some more, shy and soft kisses spreading up and down until their lips finally met, lazily dragging over one another.

There was no hurry, no hidden intentions, just feelings.

"Let's get back to bed and cuddle, please. T's cold here." He mumbled against her lips, to which she nodded and they both returned to their bedroom without pretenses. 

But if the kisses suddenly became more demanding, if bodies tangled - because of the cold, of course - and warmth spread like wildfire due to the proximity, that was no one's business. And if hands became more curious to explore, more eager to feel, if clothes became too much on their scorching bodies, and the need to be closer, to become united, to be one in pleasure and love took over, that was expected.

The next morning Soora wakes up shining brighter than any diamond ring, a smile imprinted on her face like a tattoo, and an unknown giddiness that no one has ever seen before, but everyone could easily recognize. 

It was to no one's surprise when Chae started to tease and poke her sister, trying to know for sure if anything had happened between her and Hoseok. And between shrieks and shyness, Soora finally admits that her night was beyond perfect and that she loves Hobi more than words can describe.

If this was her happy ending, then it was surely worthy of fairytales, at least for her.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

a/n: Happiness looks good on our Soora uwu

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇