Special 2

The cemetery is endless, with names belonging to father's and sons, mother's and daughters, heroes and and lovers. She walks for an hour before arriving at a large stone with thousands of names on it.

Obito Uchiha is no where on the stone to be seen, but rather placed right next to his sensei- a much smaller headstone.

Footsteps halt at her side and an arm brings her into a side hug.

"Happy birthday, Maki." Naruto smiled, his eyes fixated on his father's memorial. "Why are you here?"

She smiled a little. "Its been far too many birthdays I've celebrated without Neji and everyone."

Naruto's smile dropped slowly. "Will you never forgive yourself, even though you weren't the least bit to blame?"

"You sound like Omoi," She chuckled. "But really, I have forgiven myself. Or at least, my mind has. My heart remains indifferent, though."

"Perhaps I could switch it for you." Sasuke jokes as he approached the two along with Sakura, an arm lightly around her waist.

Sakura quickly walked over and hugged Maki, waiting until Maki pulled away. She then looked towards Obitos gravestone and sighed.

"If you still have guilt, then share it with me. Because I could have saved Obito in many ways as well, along with Neji."

Maki shook her head. "Not in their states."

"Right," Kakashi Joined in, bells jingling in his pocket. "The same applies to you, does it not?"

Maki smiled at the four and closed her eyes, breathing in an out. A shadow covered them all as a large orange tail softly laid itself behind Maki. Maki and Naruto were the only ones able to hear Kurama as he nuzzled himself against Maki, the both of them embracing gently.

"For once, scarecrow is right."

She laughs.

"He said something about me" Kakashi quickly deduced. "What'd you say? I thought this little war between us was over, Kurama."

The fox scoffed and looked away from the puny human, laying his head on his arms. Kakashi chuckled and shook his head.

"Whats that?" Sasuke pointed at the basket in Kakashis hands.

"Well..." Kakashi scratched the back of his head. "I had a feeling Maki would be here today, which meant you all would be here too, and so I thought we'd have a little picnic. You know, maybe Obito and Sensei could join."

Sakura smiled at the idea and grabbed the blanket from Kakashi's basket, laying it down. Soon they had all the food spread out and began eating, quiet laughter mixing with the singing of the birds and the gentle whistling of the wind.

As the rest of team 7 spoke, Maki leaned back against Kurama and looked up at him. 

"I'm glad I can be here with you."

Kurama grinned and gently blew a strand of hair from her face. "I am too, otherwise I would have spent my days wasting away by your grave."

She frowned. "When I pass, don't just stay by my side, alright? 

Kurama remains silent so Maki continues. "You and I- we can continue exploring the world right now. But if we don't finish, I want you to continue that journey, alright?"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀 𝐒𝐞𝐚 𝐎𝐟 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 | 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒐 𝑽𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 ✔️ 🎉