splat 5, two time

With little buddy's scratching at they're bedroom door Axel was awake. Sitting up to rub they're eyes, Ridding them self of sleep. Blinking, they're vision slightly blurred, Axel looked around.

"Llittle buddy? what is it babe?"

Yet getting another scritch scratch of the axolotls claws Axel found themselves getting up, only to jump at least a foot in the air as there came a ring of the appertments front door

( I'm lazy, to the front room )

Reaching the front door, gripping the handle with they're blue tinted finger tips. Axel sighed, preparing themselves to deal with some one.

Yet the moment Axel opened the front door they felt they're knees buckle beneath them, nearly sending them to the floor. But somehow Axel caught themselves, stumbling forwards and opening they're arms wide, hands shaking.

"Oh my ink?! Are you real?!" Gasped the vampire in displeaf. they had dreamed of this day for over two year, with all there heart they wanted this to be real, lord they needed this. they're full body shaking now.

And the response they got made them burst into painfully ugly sounding sobs.

The person chocked back a sobb, hickuping, she smiled."Yes......*sob*.axel, it's me."

Feeling arms around they're waist Axel smiled.

~°°~°~°~°°~~°°£°£°£°£°~°~°°~°~°~°~°°~°~~°°~°

Sipping the tea that Axel had given her. zoey sadly smiled. She was over joyed to be home, but, there was something bothering her. Something big, something in the back of her mind, something was......OFF-

"Zoey? Zoey are you okay?" Axel asked, concerned for they're newly returned friend.

"I- I've missed you....." She spoke. Barely able to keep her voice in check. "I've missed you for............how long was it?"

Zoey turned to her right, watching Axel on the other side of the couch. Watching they're movements, they're facecial fractures, everything. She needed answers. And in doing so she saw axels gray brows knitt and they're ears droop as they went beet red.

Wether from anger or from embersment she couldn't tell. "T-two years. A whole 2 ass years.....I'm sorry Zoey, I'm so so sorry-"

"Axel shut up, I'm here now." And with tears in her eyes Zoey opened her arms wide, lightly throwing off the blanket around her. Wrapping them around Axel, resting her head on axels shoulder.

"Axel, I love you." She spoke softly in axels pointy vampire squid ear, a single tear of ink trickling down her lightly pink cheeks.

"I- I.........like you to...." Spoke Axel, this was the first time they had ever said anything close to 'i love you' but Zoey knew, she understood. The inkling smiled, she could wait.

( 2 two minutes of hugging and crying later )

Wiping her tears Zoey hickuped. She wanted to stay in axles arms forever, she felt safe-

"Zoey I have to ask, how did you escape?" Axel asked, a single brow raised in confusion.

Yet Zoey chuckled lightly, it was quite funny actually, how she got away. "oh well, I simply annoyed them until they let me go. Infact, there's this one octoling-" she chuckled once more, remembering how she annoyed him so. Enough for him to open the door and tell her to leave.

"His name is William, and I annoyed him so much he flung my cell door open with such force I thought it would fall from it's hinges-"

Axel laughed at that as they snuggled into the sofa once more.