𝘃 | 𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻

As they arrived back at the Leaky Cauldron, they found Mr Weasley at the bar reading the Daily Prophet

  'Harry! Gwen! How are you both?' He smiled as they approached.

  'Good thank you,' Gwen said as the four of them sat down with all their shopping.

  Mr Weasley put down his paper. On the front page was Sirius Black, his face now all too familiar to Gwen.

  'Still haven't found him, then?' Harry asked.

  Mr Weasley's face darkened. 'No. They've pulled us all off our regular jobs in the Ministry to look for him, but no luck so far.'

  'Is there a reward if we find him?' Ron asked. 'It'd be good to get some more money--'

  Mr Weasley sighed. 'Don't be ridiculous Ron.' Gwen noticed, upon closer inspection, he looked very strained. 'Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen year old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards who'll get him back. You mark my words.'

  Gwen shivered. She'd heard about the Azkaban guards. Her father had mentioned them only briefly a handful of times, and he'd made them sound truly horrible.

  At that moment, Mrs Weasley entered the bar, laden with shopping backs and followed by the twins, Fred and George, the newly elected Head Boy, Percy, and the youngest Weasley, Ginny, who turned very red when Harry said hello to her.

  She scurried over to Gwen, taking the seat opposite Gwen.

'How are you, Ginny? How was Egypt?'

  Ginny's freckled face lit up. 'It was amazing--' she began talking about her holiday when Percy, who had been greeting Harry, came over, holding out his hand as though they'd never met before.

  'Hello, Gwen,' he said. 'How nice to see you.'

  She shook his hand, trying not to laugh. 'Hello, Percy.'

  'I hope you're well.'

  'Very well, thanks--'

  'Gwenevere!' said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. 'Simply splendid to see you, darling--'

  'Marvellous,' said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Gwen's hand. 'Absolutely spiffing.'

  Percy scowled.

  'That's enough, now,' said Mrs Weasley. She turned to greet Harry.

  'Mother, dearest!' said Fred, as though he'd only just spotted her and seized her hand too. 'How really corking to see you--'

  'I said, that's enough,' Mrs Weasley said, placing her shopping in an empty chair. 'Harry, Gwen, I'm glad to see you both. Have you heard the good news?' She pointed to the shiny silver badge on Percy's chest. 'Second Head Boy in the family!' She swelled with pride.