𝘅𝗶𝘅 | 𝗵𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗱'𝘀 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗿

Harry disappeared down the cellar of Honeydukes very quickly after they left the Three Broomsticks

Harry disappeared down the cellar of Honeydukes very quickly after they left the Three Broomsticks. Gwen, Ron and Hermione made their way back to the carriages in silence, all three at a loss to speak. The news that Sirius Black was Harry's godfather had, as Fudge predicted, tormented them all. They had no idea how to comfort Harry, had no idea how to make him feel anything else or think anything else.

Gwen couldn't understand why nobody had said anything. Of course, she knew that people had only done it for Harry's protection, but he had a right to know.

At dinner, Gwen, Ron and Hermione kept looking nervously at Harry, who seemed numb. They didn't dare speak of what they had heard as Percy was sitting nearby. Then, when they went up to the common room, they were greeted by Fred and George setting off an end of term Dungbomb display, and Harry disappeared to his bed in the chaos.

Gwen, Ron and Hermione sat at a table late into the evening, trying to complete their homework. They all knew Harry. This news meant he would most certainly go after Sirius Black if he got the chance.

'We have to talk some sense into him,' Hermione said finally, slamming her Arithmancy textbook shut.

Gwen, who had been trying to complete her Muggle Studies homework which was about a device called a Microwave, looked up. 'You're right. He's gonna get himself into something really dangerous.'

'He hasn't done anything yet,' said Ron.

'No,' said Hermione, 'but we all know him. He's going to do something stupid if he gets the chance.'

'He won't be doing anything stupid alone,' Gwen said.

Hermione, although she was a sticker for the rules, nodded in agreement.

'We'll speak to him in the morning,' Hermione said.

They spent the rest of the night rehearsing what it was they would say to Harry when they saw him tomorrow. Homework forgotten, they went up to bed, mulling over their plan.

• • •

When Harry finally arose the next day, it was after midday. He came down to the common room, looking like he hadn't actually slept.

'Harry, you look dreadful,' said Hermione when he entered.

Harry looked around the empty common room. 'Where is everyone?'

'They've gone home,' said Ron. 'Last day was yesterday, remember? Everyone left this morning.'

Harry simply nodded in response. Gwen, Ron and Hermione waited a moment, then began the conversation they had discussed the previous night. Harry clearly wasn't enjoying it. He sat there, half arguing with them as the fire crackled nearby.

'Black's not worth dying for,' Ron was saying, when Harry finally snapped.

'D'you know what I see and hear every time a Dementor gets too near me? I can hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. If you'd heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget it in a hurry. And if you then found out that someone who was supposed to be a friend of hers betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her--!'