I OWE YOU (Wednesday)

───── ❝ FLUFF ❞ ─────

PAIRING: Wednesday x Gn!Reader

CW: fluff, Wednesday and Y/n are not dating yet, cuddling on Enid's bed, threats (Wednesday), slight teasing (Y/n), sudden outburst because of trauma (Y/n), mentions of trauma, Wednesday and Y/n have a crush on each other, forehead kiss (Wednesday), spooning (Wednesday)

SUMMARY: Wednesday accidentally reawakens a trauma, so she makes it up to you by letting you hug her, which turns into her spooning you on Enid's bed.

A/N: First time writing for Wednesday and writing fluff.

WORDS: 2,450

──────────

Ever since Wednesday first attended Nevermore, she would often see you in her and Enid's dorm to fool around with your best friend. Bursts of laughter, blasting music, and gossip would resonate from the bright side of the dorm room to the plain yet elegant black and white side of the room.

At first, Wednesday thought of the liveliness of Enid's side of the dorm as a nuisance—an obstacle that prevents her from focusing on writing her novel. However, as months passed during the semester, she didn't mind your presence.

Wednesday would rather carve her eyes out than admit it to your face though. The tingling and unusual sensations she felt on her chest whenever you were around irked her. It was out of her character to feel attraction towards you, but love works in complicated ways. She grew fond of the thrill of breaking character—her way of saying how she loved the feeling of liking you.

When you first met Wednesday, you didn't mind her too much, but you weren't scared of her like the other students were when she first came to the school. She was just there, tagging along with you and Enid, but you never found her to be a problem despite her gruesome past and rumors. She was likable, but you put your feelings aside because you knew she wasn't looking for a relationship, let alone romance.

You grew comfortable in her presence and treated her like any other while respecting her boundaries. Which boundaries? Physical contact boundaries. It was hard not to randomly tackle someone you knew into a hug as it was your love language, but you tried your best not to make Wednesday uncomfortable. You wish you could hug her at least once in your life. You always told her why you wouldn't touch her so she wouldn't misunderstand—if she cared anyway.

Wednesday never told you how bloody adorable you were when you apologized for accidentally sharing a skinship. However, she also wanted you to disrespect her boundaries. She also craved what others experienced—your stubble touches and death-gripping hugs.

She wanted to feel more of your warmth against her cold-stone skin—another thought she would only think off when it was about you. She curses herself when she feels an irking feeling in her guts when she sees your arm wrapped around Enid's as you three walk. Thing would always tease her for being touch starved for you, even if he received threats as his replies.

──────────

Today is the first time Enid left you alone with Wednesday after she ran off like a leopard when Ajax suddenly asked her out. You didn't want to leave Wednesday on her own just because Enid left. Hence, you stayed and waited until your best friend came back.

It was much quieter than the usual energetic night, but you nor Wednesday found the silence awkward. You two silently did your things as she dedicated an hour to her novel while casually having—well, trying to have small talks in between. Wednesday was not one to be disturbed while she wrote.