Chapter 1

"Where the hell are we?" Summer whispered as all three of us stood on top of a hill, I wiped the snot falling from my nose and blinked away the tears that were in my eyes. I'm still in shock abot what Roman did, I can't even imagine what would have happened if I had stayed.. ? would I end up like Jace? I bit my lip to stop myself from crying, I know he wasn't the best brother in the world, but seeing his head hanging like that from Romans claws made me want to be sick.

Natalia was still looking pale as she too, looked over...whatever this place was. I took and deep breath in and composed myself a little "This is the..otherside?" I gulped and as I stared at the grey tinged grass, I thought about whether leaving our world was worth it. Summer shook her head "I didn't think this world would look so... bleak. Why is everything grey? and why does this place look exactly" Summer turned around and pointed at portal we had gone through "like where the hell we came from?" Summers voice went high pitched as she looked at us. 

I wiped my nose again and shook my head "I have a really bad feeling about this place...something feels so off" my body was tensed as I looked around, I just felt very weird and uncomfortable right now I can't even explain how foreign it is being here. Natalia nodded "prinimayu (I agree) something is not right" Natalia looked around and pulled the jacket closer to her body and shivered. She pulled the sleeves of her jacket up to show the raised hairs "takoye oshchushchenie, chto saa nami chto-to nablyudaet" (it feels like something is watching us) she whispered and shuffled closer to us "my dolzny dvigatsya now" (we should move now) 

I looked at Summer and I know she can feel it too, the shiver that went through my spine, and that uncomfortable feeling.I licked my now dry lips we were definitely being watched. Summer pulled open a map "This is what Leah left us, she said to follow the red lines it will keep us hidden" Summer whispered as we all huddled around her, her chipped black nail polished finger followed the red line "we are here sooo we need to go here" Summer whispered as she tapped a circled spot on the map. 

We all nodded, as we all went to walk away Summer stopped us "we need to drink this, hide our scent" Summer gave us all a small glass bottle and opened the cork that let out a small pop sound "I know this will taste really bad...but we do what we gotta do and lets do it together" I pulled open the cork, Natalia followed and we all took a deep breath out "Cheers" Summer said as we all swallowed the.. sour liquid. 

I couldn't help but start gagging as I put a hand over my mouth, this tastes absolutely vile  I felt like being sick, my eyes started to tear up as I tried to keep this stuff down my throat "Oh my god Aurora stop you're making me sick" Summer moaned as also put her hand over mouth and started gagging "Can you stop gagging please" Summers voice was pained as she turned her back to us. I closed my eyes and wiped my eyes as I calmed myself the after taste of that monstrous drink was still present at the back of my throat. 

I wiped my eyes and looked at Natalia who has her eyes closed she put her hands over her ears. Maybe I should have done that. I let out a deep breath and put my hands on my hips as I looked around....whatever this place. I frowned as I turned towards Summer who had her hand over her mouth and was looking at the map . 

It's strange, there's not a single sound. I felt a bubble of panic form in my chest, why is everything silent ? I looked up at te sky and squinted, no birds. I looked at the trees, we're in the middle of a forest, there should be sounds of insects, or even wildlife but there is nothing. This isn't right, then again I looked back at Summer and Natalia nothing about this situation isn't right. 

"Have you guys noticed .." I started to say but felt a bit weird saying it out loud, I walked closer to Natalia who was also standing next to Summer. Summer looked up and raised an eyebrow as she moved her hand away from her mouth "What?" Natalia looked at me with a confused look as I closed in on them. A shiver ran down my spine as the paranoia started to kick in, earlier I felt like we were being watched, by instinct animals and insects stay quiet  when they sense something dangerous coming their way.