Chapter 5

"You should have told me that the defiler was after you"

Sheela whispered and quickly moved her hand to clasp the cross around her neck "That's his name here. No one dared whisper it" Sheela's voice seemed tight and she began to pray.

Sheela stopped and looked at me with determination "We will run, and we will keep on running until..."Sheela trailed off as she took in a deep breath "until our last breath"

------

I gulped as Sheela let out a heavy and stood up straight "He can't come back..for now. I suggest you you join us downstairs" Sheela cleared her throat and glanced around the bathroom "We should really stay together "I shivered and tightened my grip on the towel.

Sheena left me in the bathroom as I let out a shuddering breath and I couldn't help but be mad at how I react around him. I'm always so scared, it's like my body goes into auto pilot when I see him I can't help but act the way I do.

No more, my fists turned white with how tight I held the towel, filled with determination I moved the towel off me and closed the glass door and turned the shower back on.

As the water hit my body, I knew I had to change myself, I needed to become stronger and not let myself get paralysed in fear when it comes to Roman, next time there won't be a Sheela to help me run away from Roman. I need to know to defend myself, and know how to use this world to my advantage.

In an ideal world I hope I never see Roman again, but knowing how fate likes to laugh at me, he'll pop up again soon and when he does I pray that I will be strong enough to face him.

No more poor human Aurora, I will fight until my last breath.

----

We were all sat around a table eating silently as Sheela stood up and grabbed a book off a shelf , I took a bite out of the warm bread and looked at Summer who was also staring at Sheela with curiosity "What's that?" Summer said with her mouth full of food, I gave Summer a dirty look and jabbed her with my elbow.

Summer grimaced and moved to rub her arm "That fu-" Summer stopped when Sheela gave her a sharp look and gave a sheepish smile at Sheela and looked at me "That hurt my dear friend. What was that for?" Summer had swallowed her food and gave me a dirty look "Speaking with food in your mouth at least swallow it" I shook my head and looked at Natalia who nodded in agreement.

"See?" Summer mimicked me "See what..bitch" Summer whispered the last part as Sheela went to sit down, I rolled my eyes and looked at Sheela who sighed "We need to protect ourselves as much as possible and in order for you all to survive this ungodly place" Sheela let out a deep breath and flipped through the pages and stopped and tapped at something "These are what I would call enchantments, they need to protect us from things unhuman and unholy" Sheela rubbed her hands together "I just need some herbs and we'll start with the basic ones: a charm to stop the undead from touching you. This place is filled with them, not just monsters here but the undead" Sheela shivered and stood up "I know we have to protect ourselves from..."

Sheela looked at me and raised an eyebrow as her hand nervously moved at her sides "You never actually told me why the defiler is after you.. if we are stay together I need to know everything " I gulped and quickly looked at Natalia who paled and Summer who looked at anything but Sheela. Okay..looks like I have to be the one to tell her.

I opened my mouth and closed it just as fast what if she decides to just leave us? Sheela seemed to read my mind "I swear in the name of my God I will not leave you. God brought you to me for a reason" my gut is telling me she's telling the truth, I licked my lips and very hesitantly told her who Roman was to me, and explained who is also after Summer and Natalia.