Prologue

Hello everyone, this is just a rewrite of the chapters that are very wonky. So basically, it's technically a rewrite. I wanted to update it to make it up to date with my newer writing style. I hope everybody new here enjoys the book! I have only uploaded Prologue + Chapter 1 (3/15) up so the rest of the chapters are still long and very unedited and cringe but hopefully, with time I will have it updated. 

For the new readers, please skip the Prologue + Chapter 1 (3/15) and go ahead and read the very cringe Chapter 1 so you don't get confused with the rewrites. But if you don't care then by all means go ahead and read.

-------------------------

Halfworld, 1989

When I was a young child, I was never sure of what was going on around me. All I remember was never knowing who my family was. I used to live on a planet called Athena. It was not an ideal place to live in, it was horrible. Every night, there were screams and silence. It was like hell there, those people no...they aren't considered 'people' anymore, those monsters did horrible things.

I remember it was not just me who was trapped there, but also a bunch of other creatures and people. We were all trapped with no way of getting out. Those monsters took me into a white room every week. They did experiments on me, I was never awake for them, but the scars and visible features were a reminder of what I went through.

I never knew why they did such experiments, especially on kids. I was only a few years old, maybe 7 years old when it all happened. I was in a chamber room; they were testing out the new abilities that they had given me. I was struggling to breathe; the abilities were too much for me.

My body was too weak to handle all of this, my eyes burned with the amount of energy coursing through my body. My head and the spine near my tailbone were burning and aching. I cried but they only made me continue. They wanted to see what kind of powers I could gain from the most recent experiment.

I finally collapsed onto the floor, crying with tears and my skin burning. The guard nearby screamed something; my ears rang. "GET UP" They kicked my stomach on the side and I groaned in pain. "Please...I'm..." Just then a loud explosion and rumbling happened.

The room shook with such violence as I looked around with the energy I had left. Something was going on, but I didn't know what was happening. The people on the opposite side of the chamber room could be heard panicking and running around. The guard next to me talked into a device, his voice panicked. "What's going on?!" But it was never answered because the door to the room got blasted.

The explosion was close, and I flew back a bit, my back hitting the wall. My vision is blurry and my ear ringing once again. My body was in so much pain, but I stayed awake. I focused on the figures that walked into the room. It was the figure of an adult. I wanted to cry for help but what if they were here to kill everybody?

But, instead, the guard that was on the floor from the blast was shot by the weapon the adult held. Then the figure turned to me, I tried to move. My body was in flight or fight, but I couldn't move. I could just watch as the adult walked to me and crouched down next to me. I stared into his eyes, they were red, and his skin was a blue, police strobe. "Let's go home kid."

__________

Now here we stood, technically Quill stood there arguing with the dealer. I stood outside of the shop, watching the scene unfold. Nearby, on the wall, there stood a young lady, her skin emerald green and her hair dark at the top but fading into a scarlet pink. I stood awkwardly; the dealer seemed to have backed out of the deal. "Fair well Mr. Quill!" Pushing my brother out of the shop, the door shut.

"Hey! We had a deal bro!" Quill shouts at the now-closed door of metal as I sigh, walking to him a bit, away from the wall. Quill turns to look to his right as he now notices the young lady staring at us. It was an awkward 3 seconds before she spoke, "What happened?" She munched on her snack.

My ears picked up the noise, and as I scanned her, she seemed a bit suspicious, but I decided to let it slide. "Uh, this guy just backed out on a deal with me." Quill pointed to the dealer's shop before turning back to the young lady. "It's the thing I hate is a man without integrity. Peter Quill, people call me Starlord." Quill looked at the young lady, introducing herself.

She looks at us and then looks over at me, I give her a small smile before introducing myself. "Y/n Quill. Quill's younger sister." She gave me a small nod before turning to Quill. "You have the bearing of a man of honor." She gave a nod toward the object Quill was holding.

I eye her as she keeps eyeing the object, walking to stand a bit closer to Quill. I had a feeling she was going to try to steal it. "Well, you know, I wouldn't say that. People say that about me but not-" Just then, the lady walked up to Quill and snatched the orb.

Then, with a quick kick to the stomach to Quill, she pushed off and turned around running away. "HEY!" I shouted at her before turning to Quill to see if he was okay but then he quickly recovered, took a gravity chain, and threw it at the lady's feet. Quill and I rush over to her.

I was a bit behind, trying to see what I could do to stop her, but Quill had the brilliant to jump on top of her but before he could even get near her, she kicked him making him fall to the side. They started fighting on the floor as I rushed to quickly get the orb that was on the floor. I dodge the lady trying to reach me as I quickly pick it up but then I turn around to see her get tackled to the ground.

A raccoon was holding her down as I then saw a walking tree reach out to the lady with tree branches trying to put her in a bag as the raccoon was still sitting on top of her shoulders. "Put him in a bag! No, not her, him! Learn your genders man!" The lady screams a bit before biting the raccoon.

At this moment, Quill gets up and grabs my wrist as we begin running. We ran through the crowd, dodging people but then I felt a pain in my hand as I dropped the orb. "Ah!" I yelp in pain before looking at my hand to see a slice from a throwing knife.

Just then, I watched as the orb rolled over the edge of the platform. I look behind where the lady and the tree are just to see her jump off the platform and land before. "Quill the orb!" I point to it as he turns to see the lady pick it up before he went down and jumped off.

I hurry over to the edge to see him land on top of the lady but then she pins him to the ground. I look to Quill to see him send me a signal as I quickly get on top of the railing, "I don't run, one of my issues." I jump just in time to hit her back as Quill quickly attaches a jet rocket to her side. She goes flying as I hurry to Quill and help him up.

But as I went to grab the orb on the floor, I heard Quill get muffled, I looked up to see the tree putting Quill in a bag as I went to attack the tree but then I felt a heat beam on me. I slowly turned behind me to look at the Raccoon who was pointing his weapon at me. "Now you're going to follow us. Don't make any sudden movement or I'm going to blast your pretty face."

Scared of getting hurt, I nod so he won't blast me before he looks behind me to the tree, "Quit smiling, you're supposed to be professional." But as soon as they turned around the lady came back, "You've gotta be kidding me." She walked into the raccoon pushing past him and dropping him to the ground.

The lady then swings her sword towards the tree, I felt bad for the tree as he was not fighting back. But I move quickly to go help Quill, I open the bag, "Quill!" Just then he quickly points behind me as I turn for a second to see the lady on the ground.

We move quickly as he grabs my hand, and we begin running again. Just as we were getting away, I turned around to look behind us just to see the Raccoon smirk and shoot an electrical cage at us. Quill and I fell to the floor yelping in pain. I curl into myself in pain as I keep in the pain. "Subject 89P13, drop your weapon!"

"Oh, crap..." I slowly and painfully turn to see what was going on just to see the Nova Corps. "Under the authority of the Nova Core, you are under arrest." But because I could no longer hold onto the pain, I fell unconscious just as more Nova Corps came to get Quill and me.

__________

Written: 3/14/2023

Uploaded: 3/15/2023

Until next time, Rocket Lovers.

Signed: (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Esme The Author ♥