s1 ep8: get her jade

Chigiri should've fucking known.

When Oliver Aiku suddenly announced a party out of nowhere, he should've suspected it to be some sort of elaborate U-20 drug scheme, or a potential plan to take down Isagi (as he was certain that was what everyone focused on). No. It was just a party. In hindsight, any party thrown by Oliver Aiku should be considered a biohazard, but of course, Chigiri was deprived of social interaction and decided to go regardless.

The whole thing was in the Manshine sector of Blue Lock, so it wasn't as if he could have ignored it. Everyone was here. Foreign U-20 members who were likely to be fodderized at the end of the league. Japanese U-20 members he had spoken to like twice during that bowling thing. Blue Lockers who embraced the party and went all in. Other Blue Lockers who stood around awkwardly because they didn't know how to party.

Chigiri was right in the middle.

"'Sup Isagi." Chigiri smiled at the raven-haired boy standing in the corner. It was clear he did not know how to party whatsoever. He smiled back.

"Hi, Chigiri." He said. "This whole party thing is kinda intimidating." It was clear he had never been to a party in his life. At least, not a high school party. "I barely know anyone."

"Guess you're right." Chigir surveyed the area. Niko was enthusiastically speaking with Aiku, who was at least 4 years his senior. Suspicious. Reo, Barou, Zantetsu, Shidou, and Raichi were speaking in a group. Also suspicious. Kaiser and Yukimiya were chatting in a corner while Ness looked on in horror. Very fucking suspicious.

This whole party was very fucking suspicious.

Chigiri abandoned Isagi to stray towards the group of five, wondering what they could possibly be talking about.

"I told you I didn't like his vibe," Barou exclaimed quietly. "He's a fucking loser."

"Mm." Zantetsu nodded in affirmation.

"He's not that bad." Reo protested. "You just need to get to know him. He's a sweetheart."

"I do not approve." Barou reaffirmed. "In fact, I'm very fucking against it. All of us are."

"Mm." Zantetsu reiterated. "I've gotten to know him. He's ghetto."

"Ghetto is crazy." Shidou laughed. "Is he really that bad? All I know is that he smells like shit and his hair is all ugly."

"It's worse," Raichi muttered. "He's apathetic and a complete asshole."

"Yukimiya?"

Chigiri choked.

"Wrong. Yukki is only an asshole to people he doesn't like, and he's a nice kinda asshole if he doesn't hate you too much. Nagi is literally only an asshole to Reo." Zantetsu explained with diligence uncharacteristic of him. "It's toxic and gross, and fucking weird."

"He's mad ugly." Barou insulted. "And his hygiene is fucking abysmal. I've lived with him; it's terrible."

Shidou had gone silent. His pink eyes were trained on someone behind Chigiri.

"Reo." Chigiri turned his head to see Nagi fucking Seishirou, walking towards the group of 5 as he ignored Chigiri's presence.

The entire group had gone silent. Zantetsu let out a breath that sounded more like a grunt than anything. Barou rolled his eyes. Raichi tensed. Shidou still stared at him with the eyes of someone planning a crime.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked with tone-deafness that only Nagi fucking Seishirou could be capable of. Chigiri already knew this wasn't going to end well. He saw Reo's resolve melt the minute he arrived.

"Sure." The obliviously rich individual bid goodbye to his comrades, who were still glaring. As the duo disappeared into the crowd, Raichi walked away.

Baron turned back to the now group of 3. "Get on his ass."

"Raichi's already a step ahead of you," Zantetsu revealed.

"Thank the Lord God." Barou breathed. Shidou stayed silent, his eyes watching the back of Nagi's head as the duo began to speak together. Chigiri turned to watch the mess.

Their quiet chat was quickly carried away by the roar of the crowd as another interesting conversation was spawned next to Chigiri.

"Do we even know what eyeliner he uses?" Aryu asked as he looked through his phone. It was clear he was searching for something.

"Man, I wish," Sendou muttered. "That shit stays."

"Who are we talking about?" Chigiri cut in, semi-interested. He didn't wear eyeliner, but his complete and utter lack of social engagement resulted in starvation for interaction. Sendou shook his head.

"Noel Noa. Have you seen it up close? It doesn't run, it doesn't smudge, nothing. I'm invested. The Blue Lock brand eyeliner they give us is fucking dogshit." He complained.

"Indeed." Aryu nodded in his usual dramatic fashion. "His eyeliner is so styl it's unbelievable. It looks professionally done."

Chigiri thought for a moment. From all the times he had seen Noel Noa ( 3 times), his eyeliner was one of the first things he had noticed. Y'know, aside from the 'oh my god I'm standing next to the greatest striker in the world.' It was very nice. That swoop. The definition. The consistency.

It was definitely rich people eyeliner.

Before Chigiri could respond, the conversation between Reo and Nagi behind him got very heated.

"I told you it's not happening, Nagi! Why can't you accept that for once?" The purple-haired male exclaimed, moving his hands with his words.

"Reo please."

"No! That's final."

It wasn't going to be fucking final.

Then Nagi leaned in real close, like, centimeters apart. His eyes were focused for once in his goddamn life. Chigiri wished he had actually paid attention to their conversation now.

It was at this moment that 3 things happened.

Number 1. Raichi Jingo tapped Nagi Seishirou on the shoulder.

Number 2. Mikage Reo's expressive reaction shifted to one of clear annoyance.

Number 3. Shit hit the fan.

As Nagi turned, Raichi wound back his arm and decked him straight in the nose. Sendou let out a gasp as everyone turned, Nagi collapsing to the ground. Raichi pounced on him like an alley cat, sending punch after punch like a hoodlum, or some sort of gang member. Isagi ran into Chigiri's line of sight with quick reaction time, attempting to pull off the rampaging animal. It didn't work.

It wasn't going to work.

From somewhere in the crowd, Chigiri heard the muffled cheer of "Fight!" as a grumble of equal volume resounded from what was no doubt Otoya Eita and Karasu Tabito. Chigiri couldn't dwell on that for long though.

"STOP!" Isagi yelled. Raichi completely fucking ignored him. Behind Chigiri, Aryu whispered, "So not styl."

Chigiri?

He didn't know what the fuck was happening.

For the first time in forever, he wasn't apathetic. He wasn't concerned. He wasn't engaged. He wasn't invested. He only wanted one thing.

For Chris Prince to come the fuck back home.

a/n: nagi's gonna get fucked up this season i just wanna let you know in advance

tabeita cameo bc im desperate for content

best believe all the people mentioned are gonna be very important

have a nice night its past my bedtime