s1 ep15: pov jury duty

This all seemed very random.

From a Manshine City U-20 member that was perpetually out of the loop, Driver knew jack shit about the sudden drama that had taken Blue Lock by storm. Hell, when the party had occurred in the Manshine City sector, he was fucking asleep.

Driver was completely aware he was a beyond NPC. He was the kind of guy to show up once in the eyes of the main character and never again. Chris Prince didn't pay attention to him, his friends didn't pay attention to him, his opponents didn't pay attention to him, and even his mom didn't pay attention to him. He was just that irrelevant.

But, being irrelevant made him a good listener. And what he did know was that there was a method to this madness, all through a strange app on his phone nearly as irrelevant as he.

Blue Lock App.

Why it existed, he had no idea. But, clicking on the blue pentagon, he surveyed the menu. Stats, teammates, teams, etcetera. But deep at the bottom, where a red icon was highlighting it, was a new category.

Trial Mode

Fun. Knowing it meant something, Driver clicked on the button as the app transported him to a list of settings.

Choose Mode!

      1v1: Bullet Time Bounce!

      2v2: Trounce!

      5: Free For All! (DEFAULT)

      5v5: Cellblock Showdown!

Number 1.

Who the fuck named this.

The person who named this must have been dropped off a fucking bridge at the age of 21 because only the most dastardly of English Majors would attempt to use such a large word to describe a fucking trial. Trounce? What was this, Genshin Impact?

Driver shuddered.

He hoped not.

Curiosity got the best of him though, so he clicked on the default 'Free For All' as the app transported him again to a new selection screen.

Choose Teams!

      Manshine City

      Bastard Munchen

       FC Barcha

      Ubers

      PXG

This app was poorly coded.

If he had selected a 'Free For All' 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 on 1, and there were 5 fucking teams to choose from, then it was a no-brainer which team he was going to choose.

Driver clicked on every single box as the app transported him yet again to another selection screen.

Choose Time!

It looked like he could input his own thing this time. Feeling like something longer than 15 minutes would be painful to sit through. Driver selected 10 as the app transported him for the nth time to another selection screen.

Choose Representatives!

      Manshine City: Driver (DEFAULT)

      Bastard Munchen:

      FC Barcha:

      Ubers:

      PXG:

Here's the problem.

Driver had no friends.

He didn't know anyone in Blue Lock. He knew Agi, sure, but that was because Agi was that important to the team. Same for Chris Prince, and all the other master strikers.

Other players though?

Driver's daily schedule consisted of practicing soccer and talking to himself because he didn't have anyone to talk to. His friendlessness was just that bad. The idea of socializing didn't scare him, but he was criminally bad at it, to the point that he had just given up on the notion of ever having friends. He couldn't even think of four names, let alone 4 people, especially people on different teams.

"Go with Jingo, Otoya, Drago, and Karasu."

Driver spun around, coming face-to-face with Agi, the Doctor. "Oh. Hi. Uh—Ok. Sure. Fine."

"Huh?"

"Um, nothing. Yeah." Spinning back around, Driver clicked on the 4 mentioned names in a flash, their cute little Blue Lock Icons showing up next to each. He clicked enter, and the screen thanked him for his time before going black. Fun.

Ding ding!

"Attention: A trial has been set." The monitor at the end of the room lit up white and blue. "A free-for-all will take place in 60 seconds. Candidates, please make your way to the podiums."

5 podiums rose out of the ground like some sort of ass-CGI sci-fi movie. Driver gaped. They didn't have shit like that back in Brighton. The five icons of the five players appeared on screen in a terrible transition. Driver gulped.

Making his way through the Manshine crowd, he burst out of the sector, nearly tripping and falling onto concrete. Grimacing, he walked to an empty podium, realizing he was deadass the only person who had even opted to go up there. Knowing all eyes were on him, Driver stared straight ahead like he had been lobotomized.

"If I can't see them they can't see me if I can't see them they can't see me if I—"

"Hi." Driver nearly yelped before looking to his left. A purple-haired boy stared at him with bright blue eyes that looked mildly sinister. Driver felt like crying.

"Uh—Hi."

"Karasu Tabito." He held out his hand. "What's your name?"

So this was Karasu. He and his icon looked nearly identical, especially his haircut, which Driver was certain he could use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate. "Driver." He shook his hand. It was warm.

"Well, then Driver." Those blue eyes narrowed. "Let's get this show on the road, yes?"

"Uh..." Driver looked at the monitor. 5 seconds left. "Okay." He took a deep breath.

"Let's get this started."

a/n: lmao blue balled once again

before yall pull any oc bullshit on me i wanna let you know that driver is a legit character from blue lock he's just mad irrelevant

i promise comedy will return yet again

ok cya