s1 ep19: kfc (karasu fubar c)

"That night, I was eating dinner. It wasn't anything special. I don't remember exactly. The only thing that I do remember is seeing Chris Prince eating too. After I was finished eating, I got up and got ready to leave."

"Hold on. You saw Chris Prince?" Yukimiya asked.

"Indeed."

"Did you see him?" Isagi called to Chris Prince in the stands. He looked up from his phone, gave them a thumbs up, and returned to the screen.

"Anyways... as I got up to leave, Raichi tapped me on the shoulder. We discussed some things, mainly about soccer and how our skills were developing. Then, I announced that I had to leave, and I left the cafeteria."

"You didn't see Otoya?" Yukimiya asked.

"Well, I saw a glimpse of him, but he seemed to be in a hurry, so I didn't pursue him"

"In a hurry..." Isagi muttered. Rin shot him a glare.

"Where'd you go next?" Rin said.

"Back to my stratum. I wanted to get an early night, but I was suddenly stopped by Nitta."

"Who?" Isagi questioned as Rin stiffened.

"Ah sorry. You wouldn't know him." Karasu turned, pointing right at Julian. "There, sitting next to Loki. The blonde. That's Nitta." Nitta waved, his face impassive. "He wanted to talk to me, so I followed him into a room I didn't know existed. It was... to my left."

"What did you talk about?"

"My hobbies. What I like to do. It was surprisingly random. After maybe... 20 minutes, he let me go." Karasu explained. "Then, I went back to my room, and ended up having to break up a fight between Rin and Shidou."

Rin sent him a chilling glare. Karasu smiled sheepishly.

"Alright. I've heard all I need to." Yukimiya straightened up. "Karasu. You play a fundamental role in this crime."

Immediately, the courtroom burst into chatter. Karasu looked completely shocked, his blue eyes wide. Julian felt a little bad for him. Nitta smiled.

"Spectacular."

"How? How?" He sputtered. Rin shot him another glare, this time concerned.

"Because. As Chigiri's account stated, he heard a softer bang coming from the left at the time of the crime. Coincidentally, PXG's stratum is placed on the left of Manshine City's stratum. If you were walking away from the cafeteria and towards the corner of the facility, and you turned left, then you would be walking towards Manshine Stratum. Whatever happened in that room was the cause of the bang. So, Karasu. There's really one conclusion to make. You had something to do with it." Yukimiya concluded.

"I—" Karasu was still stunned. He took a deep breath, then straightened up. "No. You're wrong."

This time, it was Yukimiya's time to be stunned. Rin shot Karasu a bewildered glare but supported him regardless. "Yeah. You're wrong, four-eyes."

"How?"

"Because. You've missed one glaring detail. Me and Raichi were talking at the time of the crime. I couldn't have gotten to that room in time to make a noise, even at my maximum speed."

"Should I tell them?" Nitta muttered. Shidou sent him another strange look.

"Tell them what?" Loki asked.

"I was in the room beforehand. I think I made the bang."

Now that brought up some questions. "What the fuck do you mean."

Before he could respond, Isagi finally said something.

"Karasu. Could you tell us a bit more about Nitta, please?"

To that, Karasu raised an eyebrow. "Our time is up. Let him come up next time and explain for you."

"No, I want to hear about him from you."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Isagi, I'm going to tell you how it is. You are a fucking dumbass." Rin immediately cut in. "You haven't done shit. Hush."

A quiet 'Preach' echoed through the quiet room.

"Fine. You want it how it is? I'll give it to you." Karasu took a deep breath and began once again. "I'll admit, I had never spoken to Nitta before this incident. He seemed quiet, but he was a little too intimidating to approach by myself. He was also too intimidating to upset, so when he asked me to follow him, I did. We took a left through the hallway and ended up in front of the room. When he opened it, it was... a training room. Nothing special. I think it was supposed to be private. Maybe a pro exclusive."

hohoho: i have never heard of this room in my life

ouioui: me too

"Anyways, there was a big mirror that spanned the whole wall. Nitta told me to stare at it the whole time we had our conversation. He asked me about my skills in soccer. Then, he asked me about what I like to do outside of soccer. He said that..." Karasu suddenly went quiet. He turned to look at Nitta. His face remained impassive, but his eyes reflected something that Julian, despite all his time knowing him, could only describe as permission.

"He said that by the Ide of March... things would've fallen off the equilibrium. Supposedly, he was scouting talent before anything happened."

"What is 'falling off the equilibrium?' What's an Ide?" Isagi asked. Karasu shrugged. Rin had gone strangely quiet. Yukimiya took off his glasses and started cleaning them.

tea: NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

gemini: uh oh

shahaha: wait wtf is wrong

tea: HE SAID THE SAME THING AT THE SEVEN ELEVEN

redespacito: well fuck

Yukimiya sighed, putting his glasses back on. "I think we've exhausted this topic."

The monitor buzzed back on.

"Day one has concluded. All members, please return to your stratums in an orderly fashion." And with that, the monitor went black as the entire room began to talk once more, turning into a symphony of voices. Nitta stood and stretched his arms over his head.

"Wow," Loki uttered.

"That was spectacular," Nitta stated. "The performance of a lifetime."

"What?" Loki asked.

"Better start paying more attention to him. He's not just a soccer player." nitta gave a rare smile at the podium as Karasu descended.

"He's a fucking star."

a/n: yall karasu may not have appeared to cook but trust me he cooked

is nitta suspicious enough lmao bro is so ominous for no reason

the humor will return soon enough dw

2 updates within 2 hours yall im treating you

k bye