s1 ep 20: she knows, she knows

"Nice job, asshole."

Chigiri should not be hearing this conversation.

"What do you mean? You put my ass in the hot seat with the shit you pulled earlier. I had to act my way out of it."

Absolutely not, in fact. He had just wanted to go take a shit, and after doing so was met with this startling conversation in the bathroom's main area. Now, he was stuck sitting on top of the toilet seat with his dogs out praying that they didn't hear him.

The two having the discussion were Reo and Karasu. Reo's voice seemed completely and utterly exasperated, with a hint of anger to it. Karasu, despite his insults, didn't sound very upset at all. His voice was completely different from the way he spoke at the trial. The only reason Chigiri knew it was him was because he caught a glimpse of Pythagorean Theorem hair through the crack in the stall.

"Lucky you're such a good actor, then. But you don't have shit to your name. We're different." Reo continued.

"Excuse me?"

"Quiet." He dismissed. "Look. I don't know what the fuck's been going on with you, but it has to stop. This whole thing was supposed to be effortlessly foolproof until Nitta showed up. Honestly. Who the fuck is he?"

"One of those things straight from the ether," Karasu revealed, crossing his arms. "I'm convinced. He's not really real, and he's not trying to hide it either. He knows that we know, and he doesn't care that we know."

We? Chigiri was suddenly glad that the two of them didn't know that he was here. He didn't know which was worse; them finding out, or Nitta finding out.

"You think he's one of those devils of yore?" Reo questioned. "Y'know, the ones from BCE. Real ancient times." Karasu snorted.

"No devil, but there's something off. I think—"

"Is there a problem?"

Chigiri froze on the toilet seat, clutching his raw feet closer to his body as he hid himself. No fucking way. He had never actually heard him talk before, but he instantly knew who exactly was speaking. He had only heard rumors of him through Twitter, and other non-credible sources. The bathroom went quiet, and the fluorescent lights above flickered.

"I smell discord in the air." Nitta finished. His shoes clicked on the tile. He was tapping his foot. "The trial was splendid today, I admit. Tensions are arising, but I suppose no malice is to be had. Not yet, at least." Nitta started clapping, the sound echoing off the walls. Chigiri gulped in anticipation. "Now. I do believe that Chris Prince was... looking for you, Reo. Same goes for you, Karasu. It's best if you report back to your stratums."

"Sure," Karasu said quickly. Reo shot him a look that Chigiri saw barely through the crack in the stall before the two left the room, leaving Chigiri and Nitta alone.

Fuck no.

Nitta turned to look into the mirror. "I don't recognize you. You... We have not met before. Your name is?"

Chigiri froze. No way he was talking to him.

"I am talking to you, by the way." Nitta turned to face the door, his ringed eyes staring straight at Chigiri. "Open the door and join me. Let's chat."

Realistically, Chigiri had one option.

Technically, there were two. He could choose not to open the door, but that could result in something Chigiri called fucking decapitation, which would probably suck. Based on the shit Karasu had said earlier, Nitta would probably not hesitate to rip Chigiri's legs out of their fucking sockets and then feed them to him in a soup. He didn't want to take that chance.

He opened the door and walked into the main area of the bathroom. Nitta hummed in approval, his eyes raking over Chigiri's body like he was evaluating an animal for the slaughterhouse. "Good bone structure." He muttered, as if that wasn't the singular creepiest thing he could've possibly said in this instance.

"I'm Chigiri." Chigiri introduced himself. Nitta nodded. "Manshine City. Uh... friends with Reo?"

"I'm not surprised," Nitta admitted, turning back to stare at himself in the mirror. Chigiri did the same, subconsciously comparing the two. Nitta was pretty, and Chigiri had heard of his beauty online, but seeing it in person was different altogether. He was too fucking pretty, if that was even possible. Pretty enough that it sent a shiver down his spine. If Chigiri had good bone structure, Nitta was carved from marble. "I presume you heard their entire conversation?"

"Yeah." Chigiri blurted out, and instantly wanted to take it back. He saw Nitta's reflection turn to him before the real Nitta's head followed a split second later. Chigiri wanted nothing more than to get the fuck out of this horror movie bullshit. "Uh...I mean—"

"Don't." Nitta sighed, holding up a hand. Chigiri silenced himself instantly. "I can smell lies. And honestly, I'm not concerned with the contents of their conversation. So long as it wasn't about Loki."

"Nope. It was not."

"Good." Nitta turned back to gaze at his reflection. The reflection version of Nitta looked back with infatuation. "I like mirrors. Do you?"

"Yeah." Chigiri stated. He didn't like mirrors, per se, but he didn't dislike them. He was... indifferent. "If I looked like you, I'd like mirrors too."

"Are you threatened by me?"

The bathroom went dead quiet. Even the buzzing of the fluorescent lights faded away. Nitta hadn't turned to face Chigiri, but he could still feel a heavy pressure appraising his form. His reflection was staring at him, ringed eyes boring straight into Chigiri's soul.

Chigiri only had one fucking option.

Technically, he could lie and say no. But, based on the supernatural-ass reflection staring straight at him, Chigiri deduced that lying would be the quickest way to get sucked into some alternate dimension and be ripped into fucking shreds. And Nitta was no doubt the scariest individual he had ever laid his eyes upon. The worst part was that he didn't even look scary. It was just... something about him. But what?

"Yeah."

Nitta smiled softly. It didn't make Chigiri feel any better. "Well, I'm charmed. Flattered, even. I would say that you intimidate me too, but... I can't tell lies."

Chigiri winced. Cold.

Nitta straightened up, stretching his arms over his head. He performed a perfect spin on the balls of his feet, a clean 270 degrees so that he faced the door. "I'll be off now. Thank you so much for our conversation, Hyoma Chigiri. Perchance we'll meet again." And with that, Nitta left.

Chigiri stared at his reflection in the mirror. It stared back with equal intensity, pink eyes alight with confusion. Chigiri slouched, and his reflection did so in tandem. No magic there. Just as he was preparing to leave, Chigiri froze, his eyes staring at the door to the bathroom. His reflection stared at him in slight amusement.

When did he tell Nitta his full name?

a/n: guess whos back

the chatting will return as i have next chapter lmao

sorry for the late update 💀

nighty night