Quest time

Percy Pov

The next morning, Chiron moved me to cabin three. I didn't have to share with anybody. I had plenty of room for all my stuff: the Minotaur's horn, one set of spare clothes, and a toiletry bag. I got to sit at my own dinner table, pick all my own activities, call "lights out" whenever I felt like it, and not listen to anybody else.

And I was absolutely miserable.

Just when I'd started to feel accepted, to feel I had a home in cabin eleven and I might be a normal kid - or as normal as you can be when you're a half-blood - I'd been separated out as if I had some rare disease.

Nobody mentioned the hellhound, but I got the feeling they were all talking about it behind my back. The attack scared everybody. It sent two messages: one, that I was the son of the Sea God; and two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill me. They could even invade a camp that had always been considered safe.

The other campers steered clear of me as much as possible except for the apollo cabin and aphrodite cabin as they have trust in Amara. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with me after what I'd done to the Ares folks in the woods, so my lessons with Luke became one-on-one.

Well, Amara also stayed close and trained with me and luke. Even became a better fighter and helped give me and Luke a challenge in her alien forms.

 He pushed me harder than ever and wasn't afraid to bruise me in the process.

"You're going to need all the training you can get," he promised, as we were working with swords and flaming torches. "Now let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more repetitions."

Annabeth once taught me Greek in the mornings, but she seemed distracted. Every time  I said something, she scowled at me, as if I'd just poked her between the eyes. Amara got annoyed and argued with Annabeth that she stopped teaching greek and she walk away muttering to herself: "Quest . . . Poseidon?. . Dirty rotten . . ". Amara took over with her alien Grey Matter and she taught better and more fun and even helped me learn more on the mythology of not only greek but roman. 

Chiron approved of her teaching after seeing one of her lessons. Many campers joined in her lessons and even most athena campers agreed with her teachings. She made it interesting yet fun. 

Even Clarisse kept her distance, though her venomous looks made it clear she wanted to kill me for breaking her magic spear but I am not sorry for what she said about Amara

I knew somebody at camp still resented me, because one night I came into my cabin with amara and found a mortal newspaper dropped inside the doorway, a copy of the New York Daily News, opened to the Metro page.

Amara read the article out to me and she tore it in anger and those them into the trash.

BOY AND MOTHER STILL MISSING AFTER FREAK CAR ACCIDENT

BY EILEEN SMYTHE

Sally Jackson and her son Percy are still missing one week after their mysterious disappearance. The family's badly burned '78 Camaro was discovered last Saturday on a north Long Island road with the roof ripped off and the front axle has broken. The car had flipped and skidded for several hundred feet before exploding.

Mother and son had gone for a weekend vacation to Montauk, but left hastily, under mysterious circumstances. Small traces of blood were found in the car and near the scene of the wreck, but there were no other signs of the missing Jacksons. Residents in the rural area reported seeing nothing unusual around the time of the accident.