Return of the Bolt

Don't be a silent reader

Percy's pov

It's funny how humans can wrap their minds around things and fit them into their version of reality. Chiron had told me that long ago. As usual, I didn't appreciate his wisdom until much later.

According to the L.A. news, the explosion at the Santa Monica beach had been caused when a crazy kidnapper fired a shotgun at a police car. He accidentally hit a gas main that had ruptured during the earthquake. This crazy kidnapper (a.k.a. Ares) was the same man who had abducted me and two other adolescents and One teenager in New York and brought us across the country on a ten-day odyssey of terror.

Poor little Percy Jackson wasn't an international criminal after all. He'd caused a commotion on that Greyhound bus in New Jersey trying to get away from his captor (and afterward, witnesses would even swear they had seen the leather-clad man on the bus — "Why didn't I remember him before?"). The crazy man had caused the explosion in the St. Louis Arch. After all, no kid could've done that. A concerned waitress in Denver had seen the man threatening his abductees outside her diner, get a friend to take a photo, and notified the police. Finally, brave Percy Jackson (I was beginning to like this kid) had stolen a gun from his captor in Los Angeles and battled him shotgun-to-rifle on the beach.

Police had arrived just in time. But in the spectacular explosion, five police cars had been destroyed and the captor had fled. No fatalities had occurred. Percy Jackson and his two friends were safely in police custody.

The reporters fed us this whole story. We just nodded and acted tearful and exhausted (which wasn't hard), and played victimized kids for the cameras.

"All I want," I said, choking back my tears as Amars hug me close crying as she is 'free from the bad man', "is to see my loving stepfather again. Every time I saw him on TV, calling me a delinquent punk, I knew . . . somehow ... we would be okay. And I know he'll want to reward each and every person in this beautiful city of Los Angeles with a free major appliance from his store. Here's the phone number." The police and reporters were so moved that they passed around the hat and raised money for three tickets on the next plane to New York.

But amara told us we don't need it to cause the next thing we knew.....well...

Amara pov

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" the boys were screaming holding each other and the rickshaw pully as I was zooming down roads and path back to Manthaan in my ultimate xlr8 form. (pic above)

"Ding ding!" I said stopping in a hidden alley in Manhattan. " Gentlemens and Goat, Manhattan..." I said as I transformed back.

Percy and Grover were shaking as they were both hugging each other and Luke fell off the rickshaw and fainted.

We split up at the taxi stand. Percy told Luke and Grover to get back to Half-Blood Hill and let Chiron know what had happened. They protested, and it was hard to let them go after all we'd been through, but I knew I had to do this last part of the quest by ourselves...he tried to tell me to go as well but one glare and he didn't say another word. If the gods didn't believe us ... At least Luke and Grover will survive to tell Chiron the truth if things went wrong, We walked into the lobby of the Empire State Building.

We must have looked like homeless kids, Mostly me with my tattered clothes and jacket and my scraped-up face. I hadn't slept in at least twenty-four hours and ran for the last half an hr.

Percy went up to the guard at the front desk and said, "Six hundredth floor."

He was reading a huge book with a picture of a wizard on the front. Oh, its harry potter...I love that guy but the author is shit...also the poor main character...that is why after reading the series I went to fanfiction cause boy they make it better. The guard took a while to look up. "No such floor, kids."