WE VISIT THE GARDEN GNOME EMPORIUM

Percy Pov 

In a way, it's nice to know there are Greek gods out there because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else, most people might think that's just really bad luck; when you're a half-blood, you understand that some divine force really is trying to mess up your day.

 So there we were, Luke, Amara, Grover and I, walking through the woods along the New Jersey riverbank, the glow of New York City making the night sky yellow behind us, and the smell of the Hudson reeking in our noses. Grover was shivering and braying, his big goat eyes turned slit-pupiled and full of terror.

 "Three Kindly Ones. All three at once." I was pretty much in shock myself. The explosion of bus windows still rang in my ears. But Luke kept pulling us along, saying: "Come on! The farther away we get, the better." "All our money was back there," I reminded him. "Our food and clothes. Everything." "Not exactly...."Amara said since she turns back. Ship hops into her arm and reveals amara bag. "What? I told ship to get my bag out....we need essentials" 

I can guess Luke and Grover were thankful for that but I was mad at Amara's recklessness earlier "What?" She said
"You didn't have to do that....you should have escaped Amara," I said 
"Huh? Percy? Are you mad cause I help protect you"

"You didn't need to protect me, Amara. I would've been fine." "Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in, "but fine." "Shut up, Grover," said Luke seeing the tension between us. Grover brayed mournfully. "Tin cans ... a perfectly good bag of tin cans."

" I can protect you you were not fine when they were coming," Amara said

"You should have left amara....you could been killed," I said"Amara you're a mortal you could die more easily. You can't heal fast and the effects will be worse on you!"

"Percy I have been a hero longer than you think. I know the risks and I am never leaving friends behind." She said " I am not losing people I care a lot again" She walks ahead. I looked at Luke who motioned me to talk to her.

We sloshed across the mushy ground, through nasty twisted trees that smelled like sour laundry. After a few minutes, Ai walked next to her

"Look, I . . .I appreciate your coming back for us, okay? That was really brave." 

"We're a team, Percy, right?" 

"Right, It's just that if you died . . . it would mean that we lose our friend.....and not cause you my friend your also Grover's and Luke and that Apollo kid  "" Will?" " yeah him....also the gods will hate to see the champion of the primordials dead" The thunderstorm had finally let up. The city glow faded behind us, leaving us in almost total darkness. I couldn't see anything of Amara except her glowing watch and ship in backpack mode as she chuckled. " whatever seaweed brain."

Amara was getting tired cause she did fight a fury so Luke lets her piggyback him as we kept walking.

"You haven't left Camp Half-Blood since you were what?" I asked Luke. "11...only short field trips. My mom is not in the best shape at the moment. Yeah. It didn't work out for me to live at home. I mean, Camp Half-Blood is my home." He said. "At camp, you train and train. And that's all cool and everything, the real world is scary and I had one experience to last a lifetime" If I didn't know better, I could've sworn I heard a bit of fear and danger as Luke touch his scar. Amar hugs him close and he ruffles my hair. 

Amara pov

"Maybe I should tell you, guys, something I . . ." but I was interrupted by a shrill toot-toot-toot, like the sound of an owl being tortured. "Hey, my reed pipes still work!" Grover cried. "If I could just remember a 'find path' song, we could get out of these woods!" He puffed out a few notes, but the tune still sounded suspiciously like Hilary Duff.