It's Not The End But A New Beginning

Don't be a silent reader 

Amara's pov

We were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill well except Luke, so of course everybody treated us as if we'd won some reality TV contest. According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths and a big feast prepared in our honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where we got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for us in our absence.

Luke's shroud was so beautiful — electric blue with embroidered winged shoes — I told him it seemed a shame not to bury him in it. He messed with my hair and told me to shut up. As for percy being the son of Poseidon, he didn't have any cabin mates, so the Ares cabin had volunteered to make his shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER was painted really big in the middle.

It was fun to burn is what percy said.

Mine was taken by the aphrodite cabin to make. The shourd was a beautiful mix of galaxy backdrop with a giant logo of my Ominitrix and green gems sewn in the edges.

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s' mores, I was surrounded by my Luke's  Hermes cabinmates, Will and the aphrodite kids hugging me close, and Graver's satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand-new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Graver's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates, whose poisonous looks told me they'd never forgive me for disgracing their dad. But with one look, they were staying far away from me cause if I can beat up their dad, I can beat them up easily.

That was okay with me.

Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen my spirits. "Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head Thank god our favorite mortal didn't die and I do not want paperwork to be done if she had died. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday. . . ."

I moved back into cabin 0 with ship cuddling in m arms, but it didn't feel so lonely anymore. I had my friends to train with during the day. At night, I go to the campfire and told them the story of the quest and how it happened and ended with me being 2 more gods' legacy 

As for sweet Mrs Jackson had a chance at a new life. Her letter arrived a week after we got back to camp as I read it out to percy. She told me Gabe had left mysteriously — disappeared off the face of the planet, in fact. She'd reported him missing to the police, but she had a funny feeling they would never find him.

On a completely unrelated subject, she'd sold my first life-size concrete sculpture, she had entitled The Poker Player, to a collector, through an art gallery in Soho. She'd gotten so much money for it, she'd put a deposit down on a new apartment and made a payment on her first semester's tuition at NYU. The Soho Gallery was clamoring for more of her work, which they called "a huge step forward in super-ugly neorealism."

But don't worry, his mom wrote. I'm done with the sculpture. I've disposed of that box of tools you left me. It's time for me to turn to writing. At the bottom, she wrote a P.S.: Percy, I've found a good private school here in the city. I've put a deposit down to hold you a spot, in case you want to enroll for seventh grade. You could live at home. But if you want to go year-round at Half-Blood Hill, I'll understand.

I was planning to also go and find a new school for education for I am going to a public school of Arts. Just because I am a hero, doesn't mean I don't have other passions, from my old life I want to be either an athlete or a movie star...during the break from being a  hero I did many short film acting and it made me happy cause it was interesting to play as a person completely different from who you are. I applied with a video application and I got in with a scholarship...