14: Made It.

"You're back to being annoying, I don't like it

"You're back to being annoying, I don't like it." Nabi hissed at Jeno who kept on teasing her in the flower shop, taking advantage of the fact that it was left in just their hands for the whole day and their mom couldn't stop their bickering.

"You're over your heartbreak so I don't need to walk on tippy toes around you anymore, do I?"

"Who said I'm over it?"

He scoffed as he counted the money from the register. "Please, you're all smiley recently. I don't know what the reason is, but, you're definitely not heartbroken anymore."

Nabi thought for a second in silence. Maybe Jeno had a point. She hadn't been crying for as long as she thought she would've the day her and Xiaojun broke up. She thought it would've taken her long weeks before the tears wouldn't fall down her cheeks anymore at every little memory she'd have of him and them together - but reality was different and the main reasons were 1. Mark - her new best friend, 2. Bona - her longtime best friend who was more like a sister she never had, and 3. Mark Lee - the artist that understood her like nobody else did, even though  in her mind he didn't know about her existence.

Jeno chuckled when he saw her zoning out, only proving his point that there was something going on that he didn't know about. After two more hours and right before closing time, a sound of the bell rang around the shop, making both siblings emerge from behind the counter.

A smile appeared on Nabi's face meanwhile Jeno furrowed his brows at the guest. "How did your big thing go?" she asked with excitement in her voice despite not knowing what the big thing was.

Mark showed his pearly whites as he walked towards the counter, only to have Nabi run around it and jump into his arms when he said he "succeeded". She didn't have to know in what to feel extremely happy for her best friend. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks, Nabi." he hugged her tightly. "Ah, man, I can't stop smiling." he ran fingers through his hair.

"Good! Can I know now what the big thing is?"

Just as Mark was about to open his mouth - obviously not to tell her the whole truth just yet but think of an acceptable little lie in the meantime - Jeno blurred out "I know you."

The boy's head turned to the male voice and he widened his eyes, not realizing before that there was even someone else in the shop. "You're the guy that bumped into me some time ago, aren't you?"

Mark furrowed his brows and tried to take a closer look at Jeno and it finally clicked. "Yo! Dude!" he pointed to Jeno and Nabi, back and forth. "Exactly! I knew you looked familiar!"

"And I knew right away you were talking about my sister."

"Bro! This is sick, I've never seen twins in real life."

Nabi couldn't help but laugh at his cute reaction, even though it was hard to believe that what he was saying was true, but then again - like he said - he didn't know how to lie. Jeno chuckled at Mark's overly excited reaction and looked at Nabi, expecting her to introduce them. She got the hint right away and pulled the faded-blue haired boy towards her twin brother.

"It's nice to finally meet you!" Mark shook Jeno's hand enthusiastically. "Can you two, like, stand next to each other?"

Jeno and Nabi burst out laughing. "Man, are you high?" the dark haired boy raised his brows.

"Dude, what?! No, but I definitely feel like it." Mark laughed as well. The siblings didn't fight the boy's request even though it seemed silly to them at that time - unlike when they were younger and loved having those type of requests from others. Mark widened his eyes and switched his eyes from Nabi to Jeno and the other way around. "Dude, you really look so much alike, it's crazy."

"Alright, enough of this silly show." Nabi went over to Mark and looked him curiously in the eyes. "Can you tell me what the big thing was? If you can't for some reason then it's ok, I'm just a curious type."

"Oh yeah, she is."

"Shut up." Nabi sent Jeno a cold stare and turned back to Mark, with eyes full of only nice feelings. "So?"

Mark scratched the back of his neck. He really wanted to tell Nabi everything - that he was the Mark Lee she loved so much, thank her for all the support even though he was a small artist with a studio in his tiny room, apologize for not telling her sooner and sharing the great news of getting a label deal with one of the best entertainment companies in Seoul. But he couldn't. Not yet. Telling her the truth - even though risky - was meant to be done in a perfect scenario that he still hasn't polished just yet.

"Uh- not yet. I'll tell you everything as soon as I can, I promise." he smiled reassuringly and she nodded, not suspecting a thing, not realizing a thing. "But hey, I'm inviting you guys to a little celebration."

Jeno pointed at himself. "Me too?"

"Of course, you're Nabi's brother. Unless you don't want to come, it's totally fine, sorry if I'm coming on a little too strong, I'm just so hyped with energy and all that." Nabi grabbed Mark's arms, trying to calm him down as he kept shaking a little.

"Sure, I'll come. I can use a drink."

Mark clapped his hands together. "Perfect! I'll text you the place." he hugged Nabi tightly and as soon as he reached the front door, a loud and excited scream left his mouth. The girl burst out laughing at Mark spreading his hands up in the air while smiling like he had a hanger stuck in his mouth. She shook her head while Jeno only smirked to himself. It seemed like he figured out what - or who - was the reason to his sister's healed heart.

 It seemed like he figured out what - or who - was the reason to his sister's healed heart

Markie made it 😭😭😭😭😭