20: The Surprise.

Nabi sighed

Nabi sighed. "And why are you telling me this?"

"Because if I didn't and you'd find out somehow, you'd be mad that I didn't mention it. Don't you think I know you? We shared a womb." Jeno pinched her cheek to which she shot her brother an annoyed glance.

"I don't care about Xiaojun anymore so you're set free of the task of updating me about him." she closed a cabinet rather harshly which only made Jeno believe that maybe she still cared a little after all.
She tried to convince herself that she didn't think about her ex at all anymore but only half of it was true. She wasn't hurting as much anymore, yet the anger still lingered. The fact that Jeno mentioned how he ran into him in a store only made her tense up.

Nabi was shaken out of her angry thoughts about the boy who broke her heart, just like she broke his, when her phone buzzed. A smile immediately appeared but faded quickly after once she remembered the night they shared in his bed two days ago. Her hand reached the back of her neck where Mark's breath seemed to still linger on. She bit her bottom lip gently at the memory of his body pressed against her like they were almost glued to each other with no way of an escape - not that she'd want to do that anyways.
They didn't talk about that night at all, pretending that nothing really happened and acting like it didn't make them feel anything in particular, especially not something romantic. Nabi didn't even think that he might've felt anything close to what she did so she tried her best to make herself believe it was all because of how she hadn't been this close with a guy in a very long time and nothing more than that. It wasn't because it was Mark, it couldn't be. They were just friends.

She finally opened the message, shaking off all the thoughts that only brought blush to her cheeks.

superstar MKL🤩
yooo what you doing tonight?

heyyyy
i'm at work so after i finish i just wanted to go home and do literally nothing
why?

well
i may or may not have a little surprise
but if you're busy doing nothing theeeeen

hold on
screw doing nothing
what surprise?????

it's a surprise for a reason silly
are u up for it?

u know i don't like surprises
but if it's you then ok 😅
i trust u
i think

hahahh good
cool, i'll have someone pick u up by 9 ;)

WAIT WHAT
now you have ur own chauffeur?

well yeah kind of hahah

damn that's
pretty cool hahaha

i wish i could pick u up myself but
no can do
just be ready at 9
can't wait to see u