It's Lovely Weather for a Wager With You

This morning, I made it a point to knock before I unlocked the door since Jennie took such offense to me walking into her apartment unannounced yesterday, even if it was to bring her coffee. I walked through the door after a short pause and found Jennie on the floor in the living room doing a Pilates workout.

"Hey, Jennie. Your coffee is on the table."

"Thanks, hang on. I'm almost done," she said breathlessly. I watched her finish the workout and wondered how she kept her pose for so long. Her body began to shake with fatigue and I noted how even when her body protested and wanted to quit, Jennie refused to allow it; her face barely showed any indication that she was struggling.

Jennie was terrifying.

When the workout video ended, she popped up and greeted me. Her sweatshirt lay tossed aside and her body glistened in sweat. For one unabashed moment, I stared at her stomach, tight with muscles, then looked back to her face. Even if I was guilty of checking out my best friend's sister; Taehyung would understand. I'd let him checkout my hot brother if I had one.

"Impressive," I said.

"Thanks."

She picked her sweatshirt up from the floor and slipped into it.

"Thanks for the coffee," Jennie said taking a sip.

"You're welcome."

"You know, you don't actually have to bring me coffee every morning."

"That was part of the deal."

"Yeah, but you're going out of your way to bring it to me."

"So?"

"So it's fine. You don't have to do it anymore."

"No way. A deal's a deal." Jennie quirked her eyebrow. "I don't mind, really."

Jennie shook her head. "Whatever you say. Do you want breakfast? I'm about to make an omelet "

I checked my watch. "Sure, if you don't mind."

"Not at all," Jennie said with a smile.

"What's with the smile?"

"I knew you wouldn't refuse food."

"Why would anyone ever refuse food? I'm not stupid."

Jennie laughed again. "I guess I somehow know things about you too, despite myself." Jennie brought her coffee to the kitchen and began pulling out her cooking supplies. I sat on a stool around the kitchen counter.

"What do you know about me?"

"That you will never refuse food."

I grinned. "I still think I'm ahead in the whole 'who knows who' better."

"Who knows whom." Jennie smirked.

"You think you're so smart."

"No, I know I'm smart."

I laughed out loud. "And so cocky."

"Confident."

"It's so obvious that you're a lawyer."

"How so?"

"You spin everything I say!"

"You make it too easy."

"You're just avoiding the point at hand: another underhanded lawyer scheme, but I'm on to you."

"Which point is that, exactly?"

"That I'm winning."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really. But more to the point: we really should go over things about ourselves so at the Christmas party it seems like we're actually a couple; I have this feeling that Soojoo is going to grill us, or me, or you. Or at least have some semblance of a cohesive story."