Pajama Day

"Good morning," Jennie said.

My eyes fluttered opened and my mouth curved up in a sleepy smile. Jennie lay across from me, her eyes clouded with sleep but her smile as bright and energetic as the sun. There were few moments in life that were as perfect as the one I held before me; I wanted to reach for my camera and capture this memory forever. I projected myself into the future and imagined what I would say when someone asked me for a moment that defined our relationship and I would pick this one: Jennie, beautiful as ever, waking up with me. This was a dream I never imagined could become my reality.

"Good morning," I answered, my voice gravely with sleep. "How did you sleep?"

"Never better. You're very comfortable."

"Am I? I've been told I'm an excellent cuddler."

"Is that so?"

"Don't you already know that? This is the second time we've slept together."

"The first time you freaked out when you woke up next to me."

I laughed at my past self, realizing how ridiculous I was knowing what I know now. "I was just a little surprised when I found myself in bed with you."

"I wish you could have seen your face that morning."

"I was mortified that I'd crossed a line."

"I enjoyed it," Jennie said coyly.

"Did you now? Is that why you didn't make me move?"

"Mhm."

"Jennie Kim, you are one sly fox."

Jennie smirked. "I always get what I want."

I laughed. "Wow! Be careful that head of yours doesn't get any bigger!"

Jennie shrugged and joined my laughter.

"You sure are something, Kim. I have to say I love the confidence though; it's one of the things that attracted me."

Jennie winked. "I know."

"Is that so? Do you know everything?"

"Possibly, yes."

I shook my head but had that same silly grin plastered to my face that I couldn't seem to shake whenever Jennie was around.

"So you enjoyed sleeping with me that night? Even all my cuddling?"

"I did. I liked holding you."

I blushed; I wasn't expecting Jennie to answer like that. This new side of Jennie-sentimental,
caring, gentle-was an entirely new ballgame for me.

I leaned in an kissed her gently on the lips, thrilled at the idea that I would be able to kiss her whenever I pleased.

"You know, if you hadn't spent the night I'm not sure I would have believed last night happened," I confessed. I somehow convinced Jennie to come home with me last night. I wanted to fall asleep next to her, holding her, and wake up together. I wanted her to be mine and I couldn't bear to part with her last night, not even for a moment.

"Why not?"

"Because it's you. You're Miss Independent."

"Please don't start singing again."

I grinned, but obliged. "You don't need anyone."

"Of course I don't, but that doesn't mean that I don't want someone to share my life with, to share intimate parts of myself, to..."

"Share the burden of life with you?" I supplied.

"Exactly."

"And I'm that person for you?"