Sledding Through The Snow

I woke up with Jennie pressed against my back, her face burrowed between my shoulder blades and her arm holding me close. Elation filled my entire being and I wondered at how anyone who came before me could have possibly let this woman go.

I breathed in deeply and pushed myself closer. Jennie responded by tightening her grip around my waist.

"Good morning," she said. I smiled. Her morning voice was one of my favorite sounds. It lacked the refined edge of her constant offensive posture and instead invited me in to the soft recesses of exposure.

I rolled around to face her, our noses touching in soft gestures of intimacy. "Good morning, beautiful."

A small smile tinged Jennie's lips and she dropped her eyes. I smiled at her embarrassment.

"Suddenly the most self-assured girl I know can't take a compliment?" I teased.

"It's different when it's coming from you," she confessed.

"How so?"

Jennie considered my question for a moment. "When you compliment me I actually believe it, not for sake of my own vanity or yours, but because you seem to truly see me." Jennie paused and looked me in the eye. "I've never had that."

I pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever met because everything you believe, everything you are, shines through and you radiate decency, kindness, and love like no other person I've met."

Jennie kissed me. I was taken aback by her passion. She rolled on top of me and ran her hand along my jaw, my neck, my ribs. She rested her forehead against mine, eyes closed, and whispered. "You're perfect."

"Even if I am annoying?"

"Especially when you're annoying." Jennie kissed me again. "You can't parallel parking."

"You hate running," I retorted. "Looks like we're still tied."

I pulled Jennie into me and kissed her again and again and again; I couldn't get enough of this women. I love her her hair fell in my face when I kissed her and the scent of her shampoo and her skin wafted into my nose, intoxicating me. My hands trailed over her body, exploring every undiscovered corner of her body.

A loud series of knocks pounded against our door followed by the giggles of three small girls.

"Aunt Jisoo are you awake?" I heard.

Jennie laughed and rolled off of me. I pushed myself up in the bed. "Yes you can come in."

The girls opened the door and rushed into our room, jumping on the bed. Ryujin immediately cuddled up to Jennie, whom she followed around all night last night, insisting that she sit between us on the couch when we watched a movie after dinner.

"What's going on little ladies?" I asked the girls.

"Can we do something today?" Lia asked.

"Like what?"

"Play outside!" Lia said.

"Build a snowman!" Ryujin insisted.

"Go sledding!" Yeji added.

"I happen to know that your aunt loves sledding," Jennie informed my nieces. Their eyes, huge and imploring, turned on me.

"Aunt Jisoo will you take us sledding?" Yeji asked. Eleven years old and she'd already mastered the art of the puppy dog eyes.

"Pretty please?" Lia begged.

"Pleeeeeaaaaase?" Ryujin joined in.

"You know I can't say no to you," I said with a wide grin. "And I love sledding. I even packed my own sled!"