Pt::23 ~ "She's Alive"

It was now Friday

It was now Friday. I was somewhat happy that we were done with school this week. Tomorrow I had a date with Alessia and today she was going to Jordan's game with her sister. I was heading out home when one of my father's men tells me that he's looking for me.

I groan and head back to his home office. I knock on the glass door before walking in and he opens it.

"Son." He greets

Great, he wants something from me, otherwise he wouldn't call me son. It was always Luca to him. Not that I cared, he was an arrogant motherfucker

"Father."

He waves a hand towards a chair in front of his desk for me to sit in. I walk to it and sit down, having no desire to be here.

"What do you want?" I ask

"Why are you so fucking moody. You better get rid of that attitude right now, Luca!"

I roll my eyes and he sent me a deathly stare. He opens a compartment on his desk and takes out a manila folder. He drops it in front of me on the desk and I reach out for it. Before I grab it, he places his hand on it holding it down.

"This." He points a finger down to the folder. "Stays between us. You will not tell anyone that includes Alessia. I could care less now if you date her, it's not like you ever listen to me. She's truly not that bad but you may not tell her about this!"

He then lifts his hand from the folder and I pick it up. I open it and see files inside of it. A death certificate alongside pictures. I take out the pictures and lay them down on the desk.

"Who is she?" I ask referring to the pictures of a woman.

"She's your aunt."

I look at him instantly, trying to see wether he's lying or not. There was no emotion in his eyes and the way he said that she was my aunt, he sounded disgusted.

"You always said you were an only child!"

He nods and signals for me to continue reading the files. In the death certificate it said she died in an accident. It was signed in '06 and had her name on the autopsy file. Claudia Lombardi.

"Why are you showing me this? If she's dead then why would I fucking care about some woman I never met?"

"That's the point. I don't believe she's dead. And I need you to figure that out for me. This is your only task in the Mafia right now!"

I look at her pictures and most of them were of her being young, one was her when she was a baby.

"Why don't you believe she's dead?"

"Alessia started therapy right?"

I nod, not knowing what Alessia could have to do with this.

"I think your aunt is Alessia's therapist!"