• Part 32 ~ "Dinner" •

After going over small talk and getting our fake stories correct, we start to prepare ourselves mentally and taking seats at each person's assigned table

I sit across from Silas and notice that he's distraught. Angry even.

"What's going on with you?" I ask Silas.

He looks up "now is not the time." he grumbles in Italian.

I open the menu. My phone gets a notification from one of my men outside on the roof.

È appena arrivato, insieme a due uomini e un adolescente (He just arrived, alongside two men and a teenage boy.)

I whistle curtly, everyone moving to their seats and acting the part they were given. I felt beyond stupid sitting here, in front of me was not the Silas I remembered but it had to be this way.

The doors open and I carefully watch Slavati walk in. A boy around Luca's age to his left but no sign of the other two men.

Gli uomini stanno aspettando fuori, li vuoi morti? (The men are waiting outside, do you want them dead?)

I read the message and reply with a no. I don't need any more problems. If two of Slavati's men end up dead, then it will be their blood on my hands and a target on my grandfather's mafia.

"Lorenzo Lombardi." Slavati beams as he takes a seat, the boy following after him.

"Slavati, why did you want to talk?"

"Down to business. What's the rush?" Slavati says patting his shoulder.

"Don't touch me. And sit down and start talking."

Slavati looks around and I hide my face more in a menu ripping my eyes away from him and looking down. He takes a seat after a while, the boy following after him.

"Claudia tells me you tried to have her killed."

"Claudia gets what she deserves. She should know that by now, I don't care if we share blood, that bitch was never my sister and will never be."

I put my menu down and stare at Silas. Jameson approaches us in a waitress attire. I stifle in a laugh and ask for simply water, I was too anxious to even think about eating.

"How have you been?" Silas asks me making fake conversation as Slavati and Lombardi continue talking about Claudia.

"I've been good. What about you? Anything interesting going on lately?"

"No. How's school?"

"Pretty good. Other than math class. It's difficult to comprehend at times."

"Yeah, but you're smart. Either way it's your last year there."

I nod and decide to give all my attention back to the Lombardi's.

"I want you meet mine and Claudia's son. Angelo Slavati-Lombardi." Slavati beams with happiness