Chapter 2-No Money?

A/N: More exposition/fluff in this chapter.

If I mysteriously disappear and never upload chapter 3, just know that organic chemistry was responsible for my untimely demise.

I also don't own Pokémon. If I did, conquest would have had a sequel by now.

————————————————————————

"It was quite a fight."

"I'll say," replied the ranger. After a brief exchange of names, you had come to know him as Forrest. You were currently seated on a passenger seat in the helicopter.

After making sure the area was secure, the ranger and his partner who had been piloting the helicopter took to tending to the injuries of you and the Pokémon. One of the Spearow had taken the worst of the damage from Pinsir. It's wing was bent in the wrong direction, with some of the feathers torn off completely. However, because Pinsir's attack did not directly connect with any of the Pokémon, most of the damage was ultimately mitigated.

The ranger had also informed you that all Pokémon were naturally quite hardy, which made sense considering the apparent magnitude of the attacks they seemed to throw at each other. Broken bones that would have left a human permanently crippled were insignificant to a Pokémon.  Some rest and healing items would render the damage inconsequential by the next day.

A sharp pain shot through your leg, and you gritted your teeth. "Sorry about that," said the ranger. "But I need to see your wound." In the fight, something had left a large cut on one of your legs. You guessed you had tripped on a rock or something.

In spite of that, adrenaline did its job, and you only noticed you even had the wound when you saw a trickle of red from beneath your nightclothes.

Ranger Forrest then pulled out a small, purple bottle. With a spray of the medicine, the small wound on your leg began to close. Soon, a thin scar was all that remained of the cut. Forrest stood up, and faced you. "You can answer some more of our questions on the ride back."

"The ride back? Where are you taking me?"

"To our station, just a bit north of Accumula." Noticing the uneasy look on your face, the man let out a bit of a chuckle. "You're not in trouble (y/n), but when we find a random civilian in the wilderness, we obviously need to make sure everything is alright."

"And that's especially true when we're right off the back of one of the worst wildlife disasters in recent history." Forrest's partner, a woman named Annie, had stepped back into the helicopter. She wore a similar uniform to Forrest, with only some small visual differences. A friendly looking Cinccino with beautiful, silky fur accompanied her.

Filing that comment away for later, you took the time to ask another question that had been on your mind. "And what about Pinsir, what will happen to it?"

Forrest sighed, "That old fool's been terrorizing the wildlife for years now. Though now that it apparently attacked another Trainer, we'll probably have to put it into rehab."

You frowned, "Why couldn't you do that before?"

"There's certain rules about this stuff, kid. No matter how cruel it may seem, it's our duty to preserve the ecosystem in its most natural form," Annie answered. "And that includes letting Pokémon like this alpha Pinsir here roam free. That is, unless they are deemed a significant threat to the environment or human life."

"There are obviously some exceptions, and Pinsir here is one such case. We'll sedate and then bring it back to our base, and we'll take care of things from there," Forrest added. "Though while we're on the topic, your friend here really did a number on the bastard. I thought for sure there was a rampaging Seismitoad when I heard that burst of noise."