Chapter 8-Parenting 101

I don't own Pokémon. If I did, the Houndour line would be catchable in Johto during the G/S/C and HG/SS games.

———————————————————————

Nacrene City Pokémon Center

"Di-Audino!" The normal type gave you a bright smile as you slid the veritable mountain of paperwork you'd just completed across the front desk.

"Must resist...the urge to pet." You frowned. "But...it just...looks so fluffy."

Audino's left ear twitched, the voice of the town's Nurse Joy reaching your ears not a moment later. "Go ahead." She chuckled, already knowing what you sought. "We're not too busy today, which is always good news!"

Audino let out a few happy chirps as you stroked it behind its floppy ears. "So..." You turned to Nurse Joy. "About Larvesta..."

The pink haired woman gave you a bright smile. "Congratulations!" Nurse Joy handed over a shiny new Pokéball, as well as a few more papers. "It's a girl!"

"Aud-Audino!" The normal type Pokémon brought its hands together in a show of applause.

You graciously accepted the items, taking a moment to scan over the papers the nurse had given you. Larvesta's Pokéball was warm to the touch, the Pokémon's body heat permeating even through the walls of the metal capsule.

Excluding your little "incident," Larvesta's first hours of life had been rather peaceful. Well, it wasn't like you had much room for comparison, but everything seemed alright. After the good ol "stop,drop, and roll," you'd caught the Pokémon, as was standard procedure for those recently hatched.

Though afterwards, it seemed that all that Larvesta had wanted to do was sleep. The fire type had even denied the opportunity to eat, which was slightly worrying.

For that reason, you'd chosen to make your way to the Pokémon center more swiftly than you would've otherwise. Despite your efforts, the skies were already darkening by the time you stepped foot in Nacrene. "So...everything's in order, right? Is she in good health?" You questioned, briefly glancing back to the top of the papers.

—————————————————————————

Species:   Larvesta
Typing: Bug/Fire
Height: 1,10"
Weight: 26.5 lbs
Gender: Female
Ability: Flame Body
Known Moves: Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun

—————————————————————————

Nurse Joy nodded. "Certainly...her weight is very low compared to the overall average for her species, but it's quite standard when compared to other hatchlings. Other than that..." She tapped her chin. "She looks great! I'm sure you noticed the heat coming from within her Pokéball, correct?"

You nodded.

"That means she's awake." The nurse explained. "You mentioned earlier that she didn't want to eat after hatching, which also isn't too unusual. I'd recommend trying to feed her soon. If she's willing, of course. If the problem persists...then come and see us."

"Understood! We'll be leaving them." You gave a small wave wave as you turned. "Thanks for the help!"

"It was our pleasure Mr. (l/n)." Nurse Joy smiled, and Audino gave its best attempt at a bow. "We look forward to serving you again."