Twenty-Four: I Want You

hehe...

enjoy;)

Wednesday (Week 4)

I stayed at Brooke's for the next four nights. My mom called all but one time and when I called I sent a text asking to pick up more bread from the store. Well you know where she can stick her bread. I haven't been to school for the past two days either. Spending eight hours everyday wasn't something I could really take on right now, and especially seeing alexander.

Walking out on him the way I did the other night was embarrassing and quite cruel, yes I will admit. But it was something that needed to be done and something I should've stopped a long time ago. Hearing him say those words just reminded me of that. Fuck his proposition. And fuck him for even making it in the first place. There isn't one instance you could name me where any situation like ours has turned out good.

I shove a handful of cheeto puffs into my mouth, some falling out and hitting taco who's laying on my chest. "Sorry, taco," I apologize to the orange cat as I pick the cheeto puff off his head and plop it into my mouth. This has been mine and tacos routine for the past three days. Lounging on Brooke's bed whilst gorging on massive amounts of junk food and watching reality tv. Whenever Brooke gets home from the bar at night she joins us and makes all of us her specialty...

I've had pancakes for dinner three times now.

Which i'm not complaining about–I love pancakes.

My phone vibrates next to me, and I have the urge to ignore it until the small text turns into a phone call. With a groan in protest I set the bag of puffs down and checked the caller id. It was Jason which isn't surprising. Of course he would be the first one to check up on me.

Or the only one for that matter.

"Whatdoyouwant..." I mumble really fast and sloppily as I resume my slaughter of the cheeto puffs once I realize who the caller is. Flashes from halloween night of him and Stefy assault my mind and i want to throw up all the junk i've stuffed into my body.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he shouts into the phone. He doesn't know that I know I'm sure. But he does sound mad, not a serious type of mad, but the type of mad Jason gets when his weird protective side over me always pops out.

"Well hello, traitor," I spit back in response. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I pet taco calmingly as he starts to purr, the vibration soothing me.

"El, what the fuck are you talking about? Look, all I know is that you have been awol for the past couple of nights, and when I say awol I don't just mean not home. Why the fuck haven't you been going to school?"

Oh...

"Yeah, and when have you ever cared so much about that?" I question with a laugh.

"Look, I don't care if you decided to run away from the house. I understand that much, but when your principal is calling saying you've missed three days without a word notice, at least shoot a text saying you're not dead, yeah?"

I want to curse him out honestly for catching him with one of the only best friends i've made here in this stupid city, but i guess i can't really be mad at him, i mean, i have done...things with his friend and boss but that's over. I frown and reluctantly say "yeah," in agreement.

"Good. Now can you please go the fuck back to school. Meet me tomorrow at the bar, I want to show you something." And just like that in classic mysterious Jason way, he hangs up the phone.

Asshole. I'll go back when I want to go back.

I slam my phone back down on the bed just as soon as I hear keys unlocking the door to the loft. Brooke comes in carrying a brown paper bag containing my medicine along with her purse and another grocery bag. She sets everything down on her kitchen counter explaining. "Yo sorry for getting back so late, dude. Temptations was packed and some crazy chick threw up on another customer which then made that person throw up and it was just—" she pauses to gag. "Anyways the liquor store was having a sale," she ends on a happy note as she turns to me with a bottle of vodka in one hang and a bottle of jack in the other.