T h e H a l f B l o o d P r i n c e

I woke up the next day after the dinner party still fuming with anger. I simply couldn't believe how horrible he was. Riddle had become my enemy at this point. I was supposed to get close to him, but I guess that was out of the cards now, I needed another way to give him the potion, maybe next private lesson in potions? If we made something drinkable, I could slip it to him? That could work. I needed a plan. What potion should I pretend I wanted to make?

Luckily it was the weekend, so I had a bunch of planning time. I decided to go to the library, If I was in luck someone smart would be there who could possibly help me. The library always had a calm feeling about it, and I took the chance to enjoy some peace and quiet, looking around in the potions section. One of the books must have a somewhat smart idea in it, that was when I saw Snape at the end of the section, Reading the potions book we used in class. He was scribbling in it? I wonder what that is about.

"Hey Severus, wanna help me with something?" I whispered at him as he looked up from his book. "What might that be?" He simply asked and came a few steps closer. "Not here" I don't like whispering" I whispered, and made him follow me out of the library. We went to The Astronomy Tower, seeing as that was the most quiet place, with least interruptions.

"So what do you need help with" He asked as we sat down together. "Okay, so you are smart, talented with potions? Right?" I asked. "Well sure, I guess." He answered looking a bit uncomfortable. "Well, I am terrible, and Riddle is not a good teacher. So, I need to impress him with a potion he can drink, one that isn't harmful of course. Maybe one with a special taste or something? I don't know, a recognizable one at least" I said as I looked at him in hope of a good answer. "Hmm, let me think" he said and opened his book. "What is that?" I asked and pointed at some scribbles in his book. "I just write down the correct way to make the potions" he said and continued to flip through the pages. "Just make an Invigoration Draught? It's only an energy boosting potion, but it's recognizable." He finally said.

"Okay, teach me how to make it tho... I have no idea" I said and let out a small laugh. "well, because I actually trust you for some reason, you can borrow my book... It shows the right way to brew it, and well I guess right now you need it more than I do" He said and handed me his potions book. "Wait really? Thank you, Severus. This means a lot." I said and gave him a hug. "Just be careful, there's a lot of dangerous things in there as well." He then said taking a deep breath as I let go of him. "I promise, and I will give it back as soon as possible" I added.

                                 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I took the book with me to the common room after we were done chatting in the astronomy tower, I was all alone in the common room as everyone else was at lunch. I wasn't feeling hungry at the moment. I came over something interesting, "use this on your enemies" I muttered under my breath. "sectumsempra? Did snape make this spell...?" I added. I chose to remember that word and how to use the spell. I have no idea what is does, but it does say use on enemies. And I could need something to use on enemies once.

The first page also said this book is the property of the half-blood prince, so I guess that's snape. No wonder he becomes a potions professor, this is some incredible stuff, every potions explained in another, better way. This was actually how to make them. I also read about the energy boost potion he mentioned and tried to remember every step on how to make it, this could be how I finally got to give Riddle the Love potion. After about thirty minutes I felt like I had gone through the step by step Invigoration draught like a hundred times, but I also felt like I knew how to brew it now. I only had to convince Tom to taste one if I made it...

I just decided on worrying about that later. My plan now was to brew it and then add the love potion before giving it to Riddle, I just had to make some plans with him, so I had a reason to give it to him. I chose to go knock on his dorm, maybe he was there? If he was I could make plans with him, even though we hated each other at this point.