Cursed Pt. 2

Grian's POV

After collecting my thoughts, I raced to the display case that had Mumbos amulet in it. There, in the shining light of the lamp that hung a foot or so above the case, was the gold and red amulet. I bite my lip before texting Pix.

G-Train:
I'm gonna take that one amulet home to be polished. Some kid must have touched it when you were showcasing it.

Pixel:
Sounds good, just make sure to keep some sage by you so the demon doesn't get out :)

G-Train:
Yeah yeah, sage and holy water and salt

Pixel:
Goodnight Grian

G-Train:
Night

Okay, cool, Pix isn't suspicious. I take out my keys and quickly grab the amulet from its case. Knowing that I wasn't alone here anymore, there was no way I was gonna change into my home clothes. I'll just tell Pix that I was too tired to change or something.

Once I was home I quickly threw on some shorts and one of my red turtle-neck sweaters. I set the amulet on my coffee table and sat on my couch, elbows on my knees and hands holding my face up.

"How does one summon a demon that is trapped in an amulet from thousands of years ago?" I sigh and poke the amulet.

Mumbo~

The name hummed in my head for a long time. Finally, I felt my lips part and the name spilled out of my mouth.

"Mumbo." It wasn't a question or a call, it was a command.

Before I could draw in another breath, I felt hands land on my shoulders and a breath against my ear.

"Boo~" The soft accent that he carried made it even hot- creepier.

I quickly jumped up and backed away, tripping over my coffee table and landing on the other end of it. I propped myself up on my elbows, just in time to hear the demon laugh.

"This is great! I can't believe you summoned me! Let alone brought me to your house and then got scared when I showed myself!" He kept laughing, running his hands through his messy black hair.

"Well I didn't expect you to appear behind me! Nor did I expect you to whisper in my ear!" I huffed as I climbed back to my feet and brushed off any dust I might have collected on my clothing.

He waved his hand, dismissing my words, and hopped over the back of the couch, landing perfectly on the seating and making himself comfortable.

"So, why'd you take me?" He puts each arm on the back of the couch, letting them rest there while he questioned me.

I scoffed, "I told you, I like paranormal stuff."

He chuckled, "so you like me?"

I blush and throw a small throw pillow at him, which he caught, "Perv."

He winked, "Only for you, Birdy."

I rolled my eyes. My friend calls me Birdy all the time because of my love of birds. so having a demon from thousands of years ago- wait, how old is he?

"Mumbo," He hummed in response, "How old are you? Our case says that the amulet is about a thousand years old."

"I'm about a thousand I guess. But I got trapped in there when I was 23 which is why I haven't aged at all." He ran his pale fingers through his dark hair.

I let out a soft hum, acknowledging the words that spilled out of the other males mouth. Not gonna lie, he was fairly attractive. His dark, medium length hair cupped his face and turned in all different ways. The darkness of his hair also brought out the crimson color of his eyes.

"Enjoying the view?" He purred out, making me jump a bit.

I huffed out and rolled my eyes, "I was thinking about why Pix hid you from me."

Mumbo shrugged, "Pix was always like that. Hiding random stuff from his employees. But, I'd like to know the reason why as well." He sat up and stretched before standing up and exploring my house.

I followed him around, watching his movements closely. His tail swayed gently as he walked, hands, that were hidden by black gloves, cupped behind his back.

"Are you looking for something?" I question when we reach my bedroom.

He just lets out a soft hum before laying down on my bed. I glare a bit.

"Um...that's my bed." I gently knee the bed, making it shake.

"I know." He mumbled out as he closes his eyes and lays on his stomach.

"Oh no no no you're not sleeping in my bed." I climb in the bed and start trying to push him off.

He just chuckles, not opening his eyes or moving. I growl under my breath.

"Fine." I grab a spare blanket and pillow and start walking to the living room.

I make myself comfortable on the couch and slowly drift off to sleep. Not long after, I feel a weight on my chest. I brush it off as the sleep trying to take over my body.

When I wake up in the morning, I feel something brushing against my leg and the weight still on my chest. I open my eyes, looking at the ceiling before looking down. I tense up. On top of me was Mumbo. His hair was messy and his tail flicked around gently.

A soft rumbling sound was coming out of the male.

Wait- is he purring!?

I giggle softly after I realize what's happening. I slowly reach one of my hands up and start combing my fingers through his hair. It was surprisingly soft. Minus the horns that I now realize we're dangerously close to impaling my face.

After a few seconds, I yawn and stretch before grabbing my phone and checking the time.

Shit.

I quickly push Mumbo off of me, earning a growl from the demon.

"Sorry, I forgot to set an alarm." I squeak out as I make my way to my room.

"Got a date?" He mumbles sleepily but loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah, with putting your amulet back in its case." I bark back at him as I exit my room, finally clothed.

"So...you have a date with me?" He purred out, making me blush.

"Shush." I glare at him before gently grabbing the amulet and wrapping it up in a cloth.

He gets up and walks behind me, gently resting his chin on my shoulder, "can't you just call in so we can cuddle more?"

"Sorry, but I have to. Pix is strict about sick days." This earned a groan from the dark haired male, "Mumbo?"

He let out a hum and looked at me.

"Can everyone see you?" He nodded, "Okay...do you have a human disguise?" He nodded again.

"Why?" He lifted his head and moved so he was infront of me.

"Well, if you were gonna follow me to work, you'd need to disguise yourself." I said as I started making my way to the door.

He followed, "Consider it done."

Before I had the chance to say anything more, I turned back to him, being greeted by an equally attractive male. His eyes remained their crimson color, but the sharp horns, tail, and wings vanished. His ears shrunk to look more human.

I quickly turned back to the door, "R-right, welp, ready?"

He nodded, and with that, it was time to explain to Pix why I did nothing I was supposed to do. I mean, he'd understand. I'll just tell him that I passed out the second I got home. Yeah, that'll work.

Before I knew it, we were outside of the museum. Mumbo was standing behind me, scanning the area. For what, I'm not sure, but he was definitely keeping an eye out for something.

I wonder what that something is.....

A/N

If you want more of this story, vote for this chapter :) I'll be making this into an actual story! The oneshot will stay in this book as well! Much love!